Monday, July 25, 2011

Two Cooling Coffee Drinks

CALLING ALL COFFEE LOVERS!!!
I had to try these recipes that were printed in our local newspaper...

I LOVE coffee and since we've had some very high temperatures here in Ohio, I wanted to treat myself.

I wasn't disappointed either!

I'm sure these are recipes my coffee-loving daughter will want to try too!
They were both made with simple ingredients I had on hand...

I even pampered myself by drinking this first one out of the glass I'd taken to St. Kitts with me last year on a Girlfriends vacation...

It reads "Explore Your Inner Bombshell".   F.U.N! 

...No matter WHERE I'm enjoying a refreshing drink.

Hope you'll enjoy this while you 'chill'...

COFFEE BANANA FOSTER SMOOTHIE

Servings: 2


1-1/2 c. strong brewed coffee, chilled
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
2 Tb. dark brown sugar
2 small ripe bananas
6 - ozs. vanilla yogurt
1/2 c. fat-free half and half
1 cup ice cubes

In a blender, combine all ingredients. Blend until smooth and frothy.

Nutritional info per serving: 267 calories; 6 grams protein; 59 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram fat; 6 milligrams cholesterol; 111 milligrams sodium; 3 grams fiber; 12 calories from fat


I enjoyed drinking this wonderful creation in a cup my friend Wanda gave
me when we were together this past May...


(Yes, one of the same from Wanda's Strawberry Spectacular dessert recipe that I recently shared at this blog) The cup reads "Life is short, SO Talk Fast"


SHE KNOWS ME SOO WELL!!


PARLOR COFFEE FLOAT

Serves 2

1 1/2 cups strong brewed coffee, chilled
1/4 cup chocolate syrup
1/4 cup half-and-half
1 cup chocolate or coffee ice cream
Whipped cream, to serve
Maraschino cherries (optional) 


In a blender, combine the coffee, chocolate syrup, half-and-half and 1/2 of the ice cream. Blend until smooth and frothy. Pour into 2 tall glasses and top with a scoop of the remaining ice cream. Top with whipped cream and a cherry, if desired.

Nutrition information per serving: 301 calories; 112 calories from fat (37 percent of total calories); 12 g fat (8 g saturated; 0 g trans fats); 35 mg cholesterol; 43 g carbohydrate; 4 g protein; 4 g fiber; 107 mg sodium.


Sit down, put your feet up, and pamper yourself with these refreshing drinks!