Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Cherry Quick Bread

IT'S 'BREAD' WEEK HERE AT THE BETTER BAKER!

Have you ever been to Bob Evans restaurant and enjoyed their cherry bread?

It's OHHH SOOO Good!


Even if you haven't tasted it before, now you don't have to wonder, and can make it yourself!

I was very excited when I saw this recipe at my dear blogging partner at Country Cooks Across America, Libby at Cooking with Libby because I have always loved this bread, but B.E. doesn't always have it available. I added a little more cherry juice...love that pink color too! I also baked it a shorter time. 

The next time, I will coat the cherries with flour before adding them to the batter.  That should keep them from sinking to the bottom.

This wonderful bread would be great for gift giving...any time of the year.

If you like maraschino cherries..You won't be sorry...I promise.

Anyway - here's the recipe for you to try. It's also a very easy dish to prepare because you mix everything at once. 

I love simple & easy!  Not to mention T.A.S.T.Y!!


CHERRY BREAD

2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 cup sugar
1/3 c. cherry juice
1-1/2 c. flour
1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 small bottle of maraschino cherries (without stems)

Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour a 9" loaf pan. Mix first 5 ingredients together - coat cherries with flour, then add to batter. The batter will be thick, but don't panic. It's fine. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 45 - 50  minutes, or until toothpick placed in center comes out clean.



(TIP:  One of my 'trick's for being sure you have a moist loaf, is to wrap it in foil as soon as it's removed from the pan)