Sunday, October 16, 2011

Thinking PINK To Honor My Special Friend Kristal


Since October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, I didn't want to let the month slip past without showing support for all who have braved this battle.

I have some dear friends who are survivors - strong survivors - and I'm proud of every one of them, but I've chosen to honor one
particular friend who has battled graciously and courageously this past year in her own journey with breast cancer.

This post is dedicated to my long time friend, Kristal Kay Slager.

We met in Alaska in the late 70's and have kept in touch all these years.  We now live about 5 hrs. from each other, and I was honored to get to spend a day with her in Sept.

I felt like I had walked with an angel on earth!

What an amazing inspiration - EVERY.ONE! who knows her would say the same thing.

She is the kookiest, most creative 'outside of the box' woman I know! She's more fun than a barrel of monkeys!!

NO DOUBT ABOUT THAT!!!

I just have to share a few pictures of her that tell a story all her own...

Kristal was given all kinds of wigs, hats, and hijabs as she went through treatments. She wore them in style!  And proudly!! To work even! (She worked 4 days a week and never missed a day!)


She quotes Psalm 91:4  for this one...
'He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust...


Ever the one to coordinate her outfits!


(she said it took forever to curl the hair she glued! to her forehead!!!)


And there she is...in her words... 'pole dancing'!
(with her IV pole!!) 

ONLY KRISTAL!!

(with grandson Ben)

What a beautiful beautiful woman!

Thank you Kristal for being an example of God's amazing grace and giving HIM all the glory for everything.


(Kristal's 'anthem' in life)....

Nahum 1:7 - The Lord is good; a stronghold in the day of trouble; and He knows them that trust in Him.

HOW BLESSED I AM TO CALL HER FRIEND!!!

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
Post a Comment