Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Fritos Corn Salad {A Favorite Side Dish}




Looking for a quick side dish to add to your Thanksgiving meal?  I've got just what you're looking for!

This is a recipe I've been wanting to try since my sweet sis-in-love, Heidi, made it for a family gathering. 

This is one of those recipes I like to call EASY PEASY!

I love corn, but unfortunately (or fortunately - for me!) my hubby doesn't care for Fritos.

I've had a bag of them in the pantry since I enjoyed them with  my quick corny chili, and couldn't resist grabbing two cans of the Mexicorn recently so I could finally make this. 

This is QUICK & EASY & Fantastic!!

The most time consuming part is chopping the onions, so if you do like I did...and chop them ahead of time, this can be made in a matter of minutes. 

A great side dish for any meal!! 

There's no wrong or right amounts to making this...it's all up to our own taste preferences. 

And if you can't find the Mexicorn, just chop some red peppers and mix with canned corn. It's easy enough to tackle from any direction!

I've seen Heidi use an industrial size can of corn, add chopped peppers and onions to it and then mayo to taste. So it can easily be made for a crowd. 


FRITOS CORN SALAD

2 cans (11 ozs each) corn and peppers, drained
(Also called Fiesta Corn...Mexicorn or Southwest Corn)
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1/2 c. grated cheese, optional
1/2 c. mayo
2 TB. vegetable oil
Fritos Corn Chips, crushed
(regular or chili cheese flavored)

In medium bowl, combine corn, onion & cheese. Add mayo and vegetable oil and toss to coat the vegetables well. Cover and refrigerate for atleast 4 hours, but preferably overnight. (I enjoy it right away myself!) 

Before serving, crush Fritos over top. (as much or as little as you'd like...this is my favorite part so I do add a lot. I'm all about crunch). 

I suggest serving this in a longer dish so everyone can have fritos with their portion. 
Linked to Scrumptious Sunday
    Clever Chicks
           Mop it up Monday
      GP Roundup - Picnic
        Foodie Friends Friday 
Meal Plan Monday
Weekend Potluck

11 comments :

  1. OMgoats, I love you! I always served this as a dip but since you called it a side dish, I will no longer feel guilty about replacing a meal with it every time I make it! lol! I love this stuff soooo so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Fritos! =)
    Thanks so much for sharing this recipe!

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, that sounds like a great, crunchy side dish! I'll bet it would be good to use Fritos Scoops and use them to scoop up the corn salad, kinda like a dip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so good. It makes me think that homemade creamed corn with Fritos on top would taste good. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks awesome...and then Lisa said that homemade creamed corn with fritos...sold!!! you know how my family love and begs me to make your creamed corn recipe... so making this and will have to checkout Mexicorn...never seen that before...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tasted a salad similar to this at a baby shower this past summer...it was awesome! So glad I have the recipe now - or something close enough.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tasted a salad similar to this at a baby shower this past summer...it was awesome! So glad I have the recipe now - or something close enough.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I tasted a salad similar to this at a baby shower this past summer...it was awesome! So glad I have the recipe now - or something close enough.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I tasted a salad similar to this at a baby shower this past summer...it was awesome! So glad I have the recipe now - or something close enough.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks and sounds so good. I am featuring you Wednesday on Home Cooking. Please stop by and grab my button.
    http://gangi-homecooking.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't buy Fritos, not because I don't like them, but because once I open the bag I will sit and eat them until there's not a crumb left.
    Now I'm gonna have to get me some Fritos to make this yummy salad, cuz I'm thinking that if they're in salad, they're a health food!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly