Thursday, September 29, 2011

Cow Pies

(Please check out this link to Grandma Loy's Kitchen - she featured a number of my recipes at her "Skipping Through Blogland"this week...I'm thrilled!)


Did I get your attention?

YES! This recipe is named Cow Pies!

It would be a fun thing to make for a kid's party...especially a party with a barnyard theme.

My granddaughters helped me (or maybe it's more like I helped them) when we spent a day together in the kitchen this summer.

These are easy peasy and delicious!  Even with a crazy name like Cow Pies!

A very delicious chocolatey treat. And even though the recipe calls for raisins and slivered almonds, just use what you have.... 

broken pretzels or your favorite nuts. We used rice krispies and peanuts.


COW PIES

2 cups (12 ozs) milk chocolate chips (or use semi sweet)
1 Tb. shortening
1/2 c. raisins
1/2 c. chopped slivered almonds

In a double boiler over simmering water (we used the microwave on low) melt the chocolate chips and shortening, stirring until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in raisins and almonds.  Drop by tablespoonsful onto waxed paper.  Chill until ready to serve. 

9 comments :

  1. Yummy looking cow pies!!! Sounds like an oxymoron. lol! LOOOOVE chocolate week...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love anything chocolate even if it does look like a cow pie....The suggestions are great! I do have pretzels on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never had these! Yum! And healthy with nuts and raisins, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a delicious recipe with lots of great flavor. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a great week end!
    Come Back Soon,
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I make these at Christmas time to give to family and friends! Love 'em! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Cow Pies! They definitely sound easy to make, and I bet they'd get eaten up pretty quick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the name! My kids would love this!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly