Saturday, November 16, 2013

Caramel Pumpkin Latte

 I am wild about fall-inspired beverages, and when I first saw this yummy combination, I made it the same day! (I have a tendency to do that=).

Thanks to Suzanne at Simply Suzanne's at Home who linked this yummy drink up at our Weekend Potluck linky party.  If you've never joined us, I do hope you'll come back on Fridays, and take part....if you don't have a blog to link up, just check out the amazing YUM you can find here every Friday...extending through the weekend. 

Please take time to visit Suzanne's lovely blog.  She is a great decorator and has some awesome and special recipes too.   

I changed up the original recipe just a little because I REALLY! like my drinks to be creamy and sweet.  I also added the name LATTE, so you would know it's a warm drink. 

You can adjust it to your liking also.  I am sharing the original recipe and some additional options. 

This is a delicious way to begin, or end, your day.  

Happy Sipping!!!!  

CARAMEL PUMPKIN LATTE 

4 c. 2% or whole milk
1 (15 ozs) can pumpkin puree
1 (14 ozs) can sweetened condensed milk
(click here for my amazing s.c.m.homemade recipe...reduced sugar option)
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
(click here for that recipe)
flavored creamer, optional
(I had Southern Butter Pecan on hand - oh my!)

caramel sauce
whipped cream
pumpkin pie spice
toffee bits 

YIELD: About 8-10 servings 
 
In a large saucepan, combine milk, pumpkin, condensed milk, and pumpkin pie spice, whisking well.  Heat over medium heat, stirring now and then.  Remove from heat just before it boils. Add flavored creamer to taste. 

Drizzle caramel around the rim of the mug. Add warm drink, then
garnish with whipped cream, pumpkin pie spice, and toffee bits if desired. 
Serve immediately.  

Linked to 
Meal Plan Monday

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly