Sunday, September 7, 2014

Homemade Catalina Dressing

I wanted to make my own catalina salad dressing to use in a recipe...to be shared soon, so I googled it and this is what I found.  I REALLY love my red dressings...hubby does not, so this works great for me. 

Glad I found it at Life in a Shoe (A family of 12)

It's simple and delicious! The things I did to adapt the recipe: not add all the salt...seemed like a lot...I used xylitol to make it sugar free....loved it! 
(Yes, I know there's sugar in the ketchup, but the result here is still very low sugar)...and I added a little bit of fresh grated onion, reducing the amount of onion powder.  Do whatever you think is best for your family. 

YAY! You'll never have to run out of catalina again!! 

Be watching for Tuesday's post, using this tasty dressing in a crockpot recipe! 


HOMEMADE CATALINA DRESSING 


1/2 c. sugar

(I used xylitol)

2 tsp. salt

                                              (I used 1 tsp.) 

1/2 tsp. paprika

1/2 tsp. dry mustard

1/2 tsp. chili powder

1/2 tsp. onion powder

(I reduced onion powder and added a little bit of fresh grated onion)

1/2 c. vinegar

2/3 c. ketchup

1/2 c. (olive) oil

Place everything in a jar; shake well. (or use an immersion blender); store in the refrigerator.  

Linked to Weekend Potluck
You might also like 
Fritos Corn Salad




Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly