Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Sugar Free - Just for the Birthday Boy

Today is my dear hubby's 62nd birthday.  He is a proud veteran of the Vietnam War and served 20 years in the military.  He is 100% disabled - including being diabetic - from the effects of Agent Orange.

He is my man of 'steel and velvet', and I'm so thankful God lets me be his wife.

I want to honor him today by sharing our favorite sugar free dessert....and his birthday cake.  Do hope you'll try it.  I have often served it to company, and they have no clue it isn't sugarFULL.

I've made this so many times, I have the recipe memorized.

CREAM PUFF CAKE


1 stick margarine
1 cup water
1 cup all purpose flour
4 eggs
1 - 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 small pkgs. sugar free instant vanilla pudding (we prefer french vanilla)
3-1/2 cups milk
1 8oz. frozen whipped topping, thawed
sugar free chocolate syrup, optional

Preheat oven to 400. In medium saucepan, place margarine and water - bring to a boil.  Stir in 1 cup of flour - I use a wooden spoon - until it makes a ball. Cool 2 minutes, then stir in eggs - by hand - mixing well after each addition. Spread in ungreased 9" X 13" X 2" baking dish. Bake 25 minutes until golden brown. Cool completely. Blend cream cheese, then add milk and instant pudding mix; beat until smooth.  Pour over base, then top with whipped topping. Serve with a drizzle of chocolate syrup.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly