Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Baked Oatmeal - WW style

Another healthy and delicious recipe for you to try...from my cookbook.  I just had to include this enjoyable dish.


If you don't make any changes to the recipe, it's only 2 Weight Watchers points for each good-sized serving.



I love a bowl of oatmeal anytime of the day..but since I was recently told my cholesterol is a bit high....I am eating more oatmeal than usual to try to bring it down.  I don't take any RX drugs and I don't want to start, if I can help it.


This is an easy dish to put together on the weekend for the week ahead.  Then your breakfast is all ready for you.

It only takes a few everyday ingredients...



I had some apples that needed to be eaten, so I chopped them and added them to the oatmeal, along with some raisins. 


My grandma always plumped raisins for our oatmeal when she came to visit, and it's something that has stuck with me.


I even order raisins for my oatmeal when we eat out. I also love toast with my oatmeal too.


Soooo give it a whirl (or a whisk=) and let me know what you think, or if you have any ideas for options.  Adding any dried/fresh fruit would be good too, but of course, would change the WW points for each serving. 


This is a picture of my first helping - I enjoyed it with a little bit of leftover eggnog. DARE TO BE DIFFERENT!  *-*






BAKED OATMEAL


2 c. dry oatmeal, uncooked
1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 - 1/2 c. sugar of Splenda (I used part brown sugar Splenda as I like the richness it adds)
1 c. fat free skim milk
1/2 c. Egg Beaters (or use egg whites) (I used 3 extra large egg whites)
1/2 c. unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp. vanilla extract or maple flavoring (I used 2 Tb. sugar free pancake syrup)
1 Tb. ground cinnamon (can use part nutmeg if you prefer)


Preheat oven to 350. Coat an 8" square baking dish with cooking spray. In large (or medium) bowl, combine dry ingredients.  In another bowl, combine wet ingredients, then stir the two together.   Pour into prepared pan and bake for about 35 minutes.  Yield: 6 servings

Serve warm with milk or cream.

Linked to Miz Helen's Full Plate Thursday

6 comments :

  1. Looks delish. I have always wanted to try baked oatmeal. Now I have the opportunity. I know it will be good when it comes from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never baked oatmeal like this before. Sure looks tasty!

    Keep those healthy recipes coming. I love them especially this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to try baked oatmeal. This looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I would like your Baked Oatmeal because Oatmeal is a favorite here, it really looks good. Thank you so much for sharing the Oatmeal with us at Full Plate Thursday and please come back again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love oatmeal, but have never thought to bake it. What a fun twist on a great, healthy breakfast!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly