Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Oven 'Baked' Carrot Fries

I love fresh cooked carrots! 

I normally like drizzling honey on them or coating them with a honey/orange juice sauce.
One of these days I'll share that delicious recipe.

So when I saw this idea of making fries with them at Lisa's Sweet as Sugar Cookies,
I knew I would have to try them. Please be sure to check out her recipe as she made hers fat free.

Preheat oven to 400. 

I used baby carrots and cut them in half or some of the larger ones into 1/4ths. I layed them out on the cookie sheet, then drizzled them with olive oil and sprinkled with garlic/herb seasoning.  Dry ranch dressing would be tasty also.

Stir them (I used my hand) so they're all coated with oil. I baked them about 12 minutes, then tossed them so the other side could get crispy too, then baked another 12 minutes. 

Baking times of course will vary as the size of your carrot strips do.

I think it makes a 'fun' thing for kids to eat...and a great way to get them to eat their veggies.


You can do this same proceedure using sweet taters too.  MMM!

Hope you'll give them a try..just be careful not to eat too many.


9 comments :

  1. Hey Marsha! Your Carrot Fries really caught my eye this morning! I love how you don't have to peel the carrots. That will help get dinner done faster! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am adding this to veggie list. Who would have thought? Carrot fries? I can't wait to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the jelly beans!!! So colorful and puts me in the mood for Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that you enjoyed them. Ranch seasoning definitely sounds like something I'd like to try. Thanks for the shout-out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha, thanks for sharing, looks great! also, love the jelly b's!
    -meg
    @ http://clutzycooking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh! YUM! I missed Lisa's post so I'm so glad you made them. I can't wait to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! NO fair making me hungry at 10pm! Even those jelly beans look good! lol...

    ReplyDelete
  8. yum yum! i have tried this with butternut squash and that is delish! Adding this to my must try list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the carrot fries! So tired of just steaming some boring ol' carrots! Thx for sharing, can't wait to try them!!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly