Thursday, June 16, 2011

Chicken Ranch Stroganoff

This is another family created recipe..and it's in my cookbook - Page 49.

My daughter, Deb came up with this one.  Her family enjoys it often and I'm here to tell you it is very delicious!

Deb is the The Queen Mommy but most importantly, she is wife to Greg, and mom to Claira, Kaity and Sam. This picture was taken in March when Sam was 3 weeks old.  He was born nearly walking...at 10# 13 ozs.  (and Deb is still smiling!!??)

(And I'm boo-hooing because I haven't seen them since then!!=( though I did get to see Deb and Sam when we tried video skyping for the first time a few days ago)

Hope you'll take time to check out Deb's wonderful blog post for today...
Saving Money in the Kitchen
(She's a gal after her mama's heart!)

Funny how ALL the kids have their mouths open...ha


Deb has helped me stretch my wings in so many ways...

Not only is she my firstborn, who made me a Mom for the very first time, she's the one who talked me into blogging, and then managed my blog for me until I figured a few things out on my own.  

She's my hero for a list of reasons...and I believe we would be friends even if we weren't family.

Anyway - here's her awesome & creamy creation.  Do hope you'll give it a try.



CHICKEN RANCH STROGANOFF

1 (16 oz) box whole wheat rotini
1 (12 oz) can chicken breast, drained
1 tsp. dried minced onion
2 (10 ozs) each cans cream of chicken soup
1 c. Monterey jack cheese
2 - 3 Tb. dry ranch dressing
1 c. sour cream
1/4 c. parmesan cheese, optional

Cook pasta according to package directions; drain in colander.  In same pan, stir chicken breast and minced onion over medium heat until warmed.  Stir in soup, cheese and ranch dressing.  Heat until cheese is melted.  Reduce heat and stir in sour cream.  Add pasta and stir well.  Allow to heat on low for 5 minutes, stirring a couple of times. If you want to bake it, pour into a greased casserole dish; sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake 20 minutes at 350.

(Because I wanted to bake it, I added a couple TB. of milk before baking, but it isn't necessary).

Serve with a salad or add carrots or broccoli to the mixture and have a super one-dish meal.

Linked to Gooseberry Patch Roundup
Meal Plan Monday

5 comments :

  1. What a great picture of Deb and her kids! :)

    This dish looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything with chicken and ranch in the title is meant be tried. Great picture of Deb and the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saving this recipe to make soon! =)
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly