Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Nutella Butterscotch Cookies

It seems I'm finding recipes all over the net using Nutella...

Cocoa, brownies, cookies, breads, etc etc.

I LOVE Nutella! 

It's a smooth chocolate hazelnut spread, and if you haven't tried it, you must add it to your grocery list and give it a try....and a lick, or three.

The label reads..."Made with over 50 hazelnuts per 13 oz. jar...contains no artificial colors or preservatives...Try Nutella Hazelnut Spread on whole wheat or multigrain toast as part of your balanced breakfast".

I find it near the peanut butter and honey aisle at the grocery store...

You won't be SOOO-RRRRYYY!

I enjoy it on toast, bananas, or even in a sandwich.  Whatever suits your fancy!

And in recipes like this one....

I'm here to share a delicious cookie recipe I found somewhere in blogland.  Sorry I can't recall if I found it at a blog, or whose??



Do hope you'll enjoy these tasty treats also!

Nutella Butterscotch Cookies

1/2 c. unsalted butter, at room temp
1/2 c. granulated sugar
1/2 c. firmly packed light brown sugar
1/2 c. nutella or other hazelnut chocolate spread
1 egg
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1-1/2 c. all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 c. butterscotch chips

Preheat oven to 350. Cream butter and sugars in a mixer on high speed, until light and fluffy.  Add the egg and vanilla, then add the nutella and mix well.  Add the flour, baking soda and salt; mix on low speed until all ingredients are blended.  Increase the speed to medium and mix just until the dough is smooth.  Fold in butterscotch chips. Drop dough by teaspoonsful onto greased cookie sheet.  Bake 6 - 7 minutes. Let cool about 5 minutes and transfer to a rack to cool completely.

Linked to Totally Tasty Tuesday
Made it on Monday
Sweets for a Saturday
Mix it up Monday
Mealtime Mondays

8 comments :

  1. I love Nutella!! Especially on toast. I haven't gotten around to baking with it yet. I'm sure I will though. The cookies look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm...those cookies look so good! I want one right now for breakfast with my coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and THESE are the Cookies Marsha is Donating to Baking Up a Cure Virtual Bake Sale in July! :)

    *Come see what it is all about:
    http://bakingupacure.blogspot.com/


    Thanks for donating Marsha, I just love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're going to think I'm behind the times...I just discovered Nutella this past year! I used it for Brownies and they were delicious. Thanks for sharing another yummy recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do believe you just combined 2 of the greatest ingredients on earth! Can't wait to try them:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marsh..I am so happy to see you here on Made it on Monday!..You are so sweet, just like these cookies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those look to die for!

    I would love you to come and share them at my Mealtime Monday recipe linky!

    www.couponingncooking.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Nutella too! I love that you combined it with butterscotch...yum! Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly