Friday, June 24, 2011

Slow Cooker Chicken Mess

I was excited to find this (another!) delicious recipe from Lark's Country Heart.  She posts recipes weekly at a Lincoln County Central website.  See the recipe here.

This dish is easy and wonderful. As Lark says, this is what she would call a 'pantry meal' as you should have what you need in the pantry to make it - besides the chicken.

I love easy meals like this one!

And as you already know, I love cream cheese too.  For me, this is a fantastic combination of flavors.


This dish reminds me of poppyseed chicken, so I added the almonds on top.  I also served it over chicken flavored rice, just because I had a box that needed to be eaten. 

It was wonderful!


SLOW COOKER CHICKEN MESS

4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 (8 ozs) sour cream
1 (10.5 ozs) can of cream of chicken soup
1/2 c. milk or water
1/4 c. finely diced onion
1 c. sliced fresh mushrooms (I used canned)
2 Tb. margarine
1 (8 ozs) cream cheese, cut into small cubes
salt & pepper to taste
4 c. cooked rice

Saute onions and mushrooms in butter until tender. Place chicken, sour cream, soup, milk and seasonings into slow cooker. Add sauteed veggies.  Stir until well coated. 

Cook on high for 4 hrs. or low for 6 hrs.

When there's 45 minutes of cooking time remaining, stir in cream cheese cubes.

To serve place cooked rice on plate and top with chicken mixture, then sprinkle with nuts if desired.

Linked to Whatcha Crockin' Wednesday




Print Friendly and PDF


*Note: you can use cooked noodles in place of rice if desired.

Linked to Whatcha Crockin' Wednesday



5 comments :

  1. Marsha, So glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum. I can almost smell that! I love sour cream and cream cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! Looks wonderful. I'm going to have to try this. Thanks for a wonderful recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds amazing....I may have to throw this together when my company arrives for a week long visit. But I will have to minus the mushrooms (I have a mushroom hater here).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks de-lish! I hope you're having a great weekend, Marsha! :)

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly