Friday, December 9, 2011

One-Dish Pork Chop Potato Casserole

Thought I'd 'throw' a healthy dish in among all these sweet ones this month...

I was so happy to see this recipe at 4littlefergusons.

See?  That Tonya is always inviting me into her kitchen to share in some of the fantastic dishes she makes.

I LOVE IT!  I LOVE IT!!

I already had pork chops in the freezer, and whipped this dish up for dinner the same day she posted this great combination.

One dish meals are always great - it means fewer dishes and quicker clean up right? 

Can't go wrong going in that direction!

Just heat up some veggies and your meal is ready to scarf.
MMMMMM!


ONE-DISH PORK CHOP POTATO CASSEROLE

8 whole boneless pork chops, seasoned as you like
1 - 2 Tb. oil
1 c. sour cream
1 (10 ozs) can cream of celery soup
1/2 c. milk
32 ozs. frozen hash browns, thawed
salt, pepper and garlic powder, to taste
1 can french fried onions
1 c. shredded cheese, your choice

Preheat oven to 375. Season both sides of pork chops.  In a large skillet, brown chops on both sides in hot oil. Set aside. (don't want them cooked, just browned). In large bowl, combine sour cream, soup and milk. Stir in hash browns and spices, then half the french fried onions.  Spread hash brown mixture in ungreased 9" X 13" baking dish and sprinkle with cheese. Top with seared pork chops, arranging so that none are on top of the other. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes. Add remaining f.f. onions and bake 5 minutes longer.

(You want thicker pork chops as thin ones will dry out.  Bone in is always a good option too)

Linked to Melt in Your Mouth Monday
GBP Roundup - Favorite Casseroles
Meal Plan Monday

4 comments :

  1. Oh my goodness! What a FUN surprise to come and see a recipe I know and love. :) Have a good day, Mrs. Baker! Sending you GREAT big hugs from Kansas!!!! T

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE one-dish meals and I love those french fried onions! I haven't had them in a long time!

    Have a great weekend, Marsha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds AH-mazing! I have pork chops in the fridge I wanted to do something different with - I am going to give this a try for sure!!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly