Thursday, January 26, 2012

Magic Crust Custard Pie

This dessert is so easy and so good! 

I saw it in the right hand column at Facebook...and I see a picture of this pie often.  I found it at Just a Pinch Recipe Club Online, where you can find many delicious recipes.

I received a Blue Ribbon for my Waffle Iron Cookies recipe there last summer...

AND.....while I'm on vacation in late February, I plan to have a few guest posts.  One of those will be from my good friend Angie at
A'lil Country Sugar, who will be sharing one of the THREE Blue Ribbon recipes she's been awarded at JaP.

BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR SOME CHOCOLATE WONDERFULNESS!  (I'm not going to tell you which recipe she'll be sharing..you'll just have to come back!=)

Anyway - on to the recipe.  Throw all the ingredients into a blender - press the button for 30 seconds - pour into a prepared pie plate and WA-LA!  You get a delicious dessert with barely any work at all. 

(Yes, of course, you DO have to bake it, but that's pain free) 


I made this using xylitol, but if you prefer, you can use sugar. 

And how can you possibly go wrong putting TWO teaspoons of vanilla extract in anything???????

I shared the link to this recipe on my personal Facebook page before Thanksgiving and one of my friends (thank you Mary Lou for sharing!) told me her family really enjoyed it too. 

I substituted with some healthier options and it was just wonderful.
Next time I will sprinkle more nutmeg over the top before baking.



MAGIC CRUST CUSTARD PIE  
* - initial ingredients
*1/4 c. margarine, softened
(I used Smart Balance spread)
*4 eggs
(I used 2 eggs + 4 egg whites)
*3/4 c. white sugar
(I substituted with xylitol)
*a pinch of salt
*2 C. milk, 2%
(I used 1%)
*2 tsp. vanilla extract
*1/2 c. all purpose flour
(I used white whole wheat)

Put all the ingredients into a blender.  Cover; blend for 30 seconds. Pour into buttered 9" pie plate.  Sprinkle with nutmeg.  Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. The flour will settle to make its own crust.

Therein...the name MAGIC CRUST CUSTARD PIE!



Linked to 
Fit & Fabulous Friday
Weekend Potluck

5 comments :

  1. Yum! I love custard!

    Been thinking of your husband's recovery. I hope all is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I have to say I never had custard pie, I don't see whay I wouldn't like it? I think this weekend I'll give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Custard Pie is Dale's FAVORITE! :) So happy you are taking the time to post for us each day, even with all that is going on! Hugs, T

    ReplyDelete
  4. well this sounds really good...and who wouldn't want to try it just to see the magic crust? ha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I make this pie, using the orgiinal recipe, at least once a week.

    The last time I made it, I added 1/2 cup of coconut and 1-1/2 T. cocoa. It turned out great. :)

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly