Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Low Fat Pina Colada Smoothie {No Sugar Added} & More...



Another wonderful and refreshing recipe from Brenda at Sugar-Free Mom 
Lowfat Pina Colada Smoothie (No Sugar Added). She shares many awesome recipes there and some wonderful healthy-eating information. 
Please swing by and tell her I said hello. 

This kind of healthy drink is one terrific way to begin your day! 

I keep sliced bananas stocked in the freezer all the time so I'm always ready to whip up a fruit smoothie.

I nearly ran to the kitchen to make this one after first seeing it! I added a little
oatmeal to bulk it up and a little yogurt to keep me full even longer...

EASY PEASY - you can't go wrong!

It's soo yummy too - you can pretend you're on a tropical island sitting by the ocean while enjoying this tasty treat.  {I'll be dreaming of sitting on the veranda at my brother's villa in St. Kitts}

Following Brenda's instructions, one serving is only 100 calories. 
(minus the oats)
Enjoy it every day if you'd like!!!



LOWFAT PINA COLADA SMOOTHIE 
{NO SUGAR ADDED}

2 c. fresh or frozen pineapple chunks
(I know fresh is always best, but I used canned in its own juice)
1 c. unsweetened canned coconut milk, light
1 banana
3 Tb. dry oats (It gets obliterated in the blender) 
1/4 c. (Greek) yogurt 
(vanilla, coconut, pineapple - you choose) 
3/4 c. ice, crushed somewhat
optional: 1 tsp. rum extract
topping: unsweetened, shredded coconut flakes

In a blender, blend all ingredients until smooth.  Top with coconut flakes and enjoy.  Don't drink too quickly cause you'll freeze your brain! 

*************************

Right about the time I saw the above recipe for the first time, I also saw this smoothie recipe at my good blogging buddy's - Libby - at 
Cooking with Libby .  She uses honey, orange juice and pineapple juice.  Take a peek....you'll want some! Clink on link below for the recipe.


photo credit: Cooking with Libby 

3 comments :

  1. Ummm! Looks like another great recipe! That would be perfect for us with the toasty temps we're getting here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! I love pina colada so I'm sure I'll love this smoothie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm, this is my kind of smoothie! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly