Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Saucy Apple Pork Chops (Oven or Crockpot Methods)

I've had this recipe for many years as I have always favored the combination of pork and apples.

I add sweet taters to the mix too.  Oh so yummy!

I'll give instructions for an oven method, but this time I used the crockpot. Makes for an awesome Sunday dinner after it's cooked while we're at church. 

This is another recipe from my new cookbook...."Love at First Bite".   It's chocked full of simple and yummy recipes like this one. 
(If you have put off reading details about the book, click here)
Just remember...I love quick, easy and healthy options. 


SAUCY APPLE PORK CHOPS 

2 c. applesauce
1/2 c. sugar, optional
2 Tb. soy sauce
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 tsp. ground ginger or pumpkin pie spice 
(I use pps and add more) 
6 - 8 boneless pork loin chops 
(about 1/2" thick)
2 Tb. butter or margarine
fresh ground pepper, optional

In a medium bowl, combine applesauce, sugar, soy sauce, garlic and ginger; mix well.  Pour into a greased 9" X 13" X 2" baking dish.  In a skillet, brown pork chops in butter; (I season ours with fresh ground pepper); place over applesauce mixture.  Bake, uncovered, at 325 for 35 - 45 minutes or until meat is tender. 

Yield: 6 servings 

CROCKPOT METHOD:

I used about half the amount of applesauce, added the soy sauce and garlic, then added about 1/3 c. apple juice. Placed it in the bottom of the greased crockpot.  Seasoned the chops with pepper, browned them, placed them over the applesauce, then added medium chunks of sweet potato and quartered apples, leaving the skin on so they will hold their shape. Sprinkled with the pumpkin pie spice. Cover; let cook on low for 5 - 6 hours. 

Linked to Weekend Potluck 
Whatcha Crockin Wednesday

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly