Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Marbled Chocolate Bars


What a simple and moist dessert to make for any occasion...

I got this recipe from a dear friend.  We met over 20 years ago, when I was hired as a one-day-a-week receptionist at an auto auction...Kathy was my boss.  We had some good talks, and after she moved on to another job, she hired me to come clean her house monthly. 

We became intimate friends...sharing life's joys and heartaches. She has wisdom beyond her years as a mother of two teen boys....sure wish I had known her when I was raising my own kids!

Anyway - when her oldest son graduated from high school last year, this is something he requested for his open house.  

I love it - anything with cream cheese is a winner in my book, but this is simple to make, with only a few ingredients too. 

I loved this recipe so much, I added it to my second cookbook...
Love at First Bite  - it has over 200 recipes and over 100 of them have simple ones with 6 ingredients or fewer..

I'll have SECONDS please! I know you'll enjoy it too!

MARBLED CHOCOLATE BARS 

1 (18 ozs) German Chocolate Cake mix
Ingredients to mix cake according to directions
1 (8 ozs) pkg. (lite) cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. sugar
3/4 c. chocolate chips, divided

Preheat oven to 350. Grease 15" X 10" X 1" baking sheet.  In large bowl, prepare cake batter according to package directions. Pour into prepared pan.

In small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar.  Stir in 1/4 c. chocolate chips.  Drop cream cheese mixture randomly by tablespoonsful over batter. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.

Bake 25 - 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.  Cool.  Cut into bars. 

Yield: 3 dozen 


You might also like this recipe for 
Chocolate Swirl Cake...with an added can of cherry pie filling



Linked to Weekend Potluck
        Meal Plan Monday


Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly