Thursday, September 20, 2018

Decadent Chocolate Mug Cake (Lightened just a bit)



I saw this recipe in the morning before I even ate breakfast, so guess what I enjoyed to begin my day??

The second time I made it I shared with hubby...this luscious and simple treat can certainly be addicting!

MY OH MY!  It's similar to a Lava Cake - the hazelnut center is so creamy & dreamy. 
Makes it moist, and I just love that!! 


Just happened to see the recipe at Table for Two - please stop by and check out her other luscious recipes. You'll be so glad you did. 

I did use xylitol as a sugar substitute and it turned out grrreat! 

We ended up sharing this tasty treat, topped with ice cream...perfect after dinner dessert. 



DECADENT CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE

1/4 c. all purpose flour
2 Tb. baking cocoa powder
1/4 tsp. baking powder
2 Tb. white sugar
(I substituted with xylitol)
dash of salt
1/4 c. + 1 Tb. milk
2 Tb. vegetable oil 
(I used coconut oil)
1 Tb. Nutella chocolate spread (or mini chocolate chips)

In a small or medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking cocoa, baking powder
and sugar (or sweetener) Add milk and oil; whisk until blended and smooth. 

I quickly sprayed a large mug (mine was 12 ozs.) with non stick cooking spray.  Pour batter into prepared microwave safe mug. Add Nutella (or choc chips) in the middle of the batter..plopping it off the spoon with another spoon if need be. 

You may want to add a paper towel to the bottom of the microwave if you're
not sure your mug is large enough.  Microwave for 60-70 seconds.  Allow to stand a minute before enjoying....(I know it's hard to wait but it will need to finish 'cooking' before you dive in). 

My microwave is 1000 watts - I cooked ours for 60 seconds, but then I always
like a little 'goo'...hope that helps you with timing...

Enjoy straight from the mug (It will be warm!) or dump into a bowl and
add some ice cream...








Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments :

  1. Oooh my oh my is right!! That little cake looks so scrumptious! I still have never tried using xylitol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a delicious sugar substitute...and this little cake is so yummy. Thanks for stopping by dear friend. XO

      Delete

Printfriendly