Thursday, October 3, 2019

Glazed Pigs in a Blanket



My family has always been crazy for simple pigs in a blanket, so I was ecstatic to try this easy recipe to dress them up for a ladies luncheon I was headed to. 

I received several comments about how good these are. 

If you like dijon mustard and worcestershire, I think you will go bonkers for
this scrumptious appetizer with a delicious brown sugar glaze...and poppyseeds
(for cuteness!) *-* 


These would be amazing to serve during the holiday season...they
are, after all, little bites.  Sometimes with all the many dishes at gatherings, it's nice just to have a taste.  

BETCHA CAN'T EAT JUST ONE!!! 

But they're also perfect for tailgating parties or any gathering, really! 

Go for it!  Trust me, they will fly out of the dish! And you'll be asked for the recipe too.  

A simple little sauce makes this become a fabulous twist on a classic. 

GO FOR IT!! You will definitely SCORE and be a real WINNER when you serve these little piggies wrapped in crescent roll deliciousness!  


GLAZED PIGS IN A BLANKET 

1 (8-count) pkg. refrigerated crescent rolls
1 (4-count) pkg. refrigerated crescent rolls 
1 pkg. (14 ozs) Li'l Smokie sausages
A few Tablespoonsful of dijon mustard

SAUCE: 
1/2 c. butter
2 Tb. brown sugar
1 Tb. dijon mustard 
1 Tb. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 - 1 Tb. poppy seeds

Preheat oven to 375. Lightly spray 9" x 13" baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. 

On a large cutting board, unroll each can of crescent rolls separately.  Separate into triangles. Spread a teaspoon (or less, your preference) of Dijon on each triangle.  Cut each lengthwise into 3 smaller triangles. 

Place a little smokie sausage on the wide end of the triangle; roll up and place in prepared pan. 

In a small saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar, mustard Worcestershire and poppy seeds.  Bring to a boil and pour evenly over piggies in the pan. 

(To ensure I didn't have soggy dough on the bottom, I baked about 8 minutes before topping with sauce).

Bake about 25 minutes or until golden brown. 

Serve hot.  Yield: 36 little snackies

Recipe inspired by Plain Chicken blog - please stop by and be sure to check out her post with lovely photos! 


Linked to 




You might also enjoy these appetizers...

(3 ingredients) 










Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments :

  1. These sound very similar to a yummy ham sandwich I make in Hawaiian rolls. I like the idea of little bites. I think I’ll make these for a ladies luncheon, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right...I hadn't thought of that! Oh so tasty. Thanks for stopping by sweet friend. XO

      Delete

Printfriendly