Saturday, October 16, 2021

Creamy Homemade Chocolate Pudding (Microwave/Sugarfree Options)

My oh my!

To me, it's hard to beat homemade pudding from scratch!

For me, it's comfort food - something my mama use to make and we loved it warm! 



This is a simple recipe and can be ready to enjoy in minutes. 

And I love it can easily be made sugar free

There are many variations out there, but I wanted to be sure I
keep this one handy, and am so happy I can add it to my blog to make it 
readily available to me...and to you too!

Do enjoy soon!  This is a quick and fabulous dessert to keep you warmed
in the wintertime, but great all year long. 

I know my mama always used Hershey's baking cocoa, but I have
used Nestle and I think that works just as well. 

You might want to double this recipe and make a pie and a few servings of pudding! MMMM Good! 



CREAMY HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE PUDDING 

2/3 c. sugar 
(I used xylitol - may use half sugar and half sweetener or full sugar) 
1/4 c. baking cocoa
3 Tb. cornstarch
1/4 tsp. salt
2-1/4 c. milk
(I used almond milk) 
2 Tb. butter, cut into pieces
1 tsp. vanilla extract 

In a medium saucepan, mix sugar, baking cocoa, cornstarch and salt. Whisk well to blend.  Gradually add milk to saucepan; whisking until smooth. 

Cook over medium high heat, stirring constantly.  Mixture will come to 
a boil; boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. 

Remove from heat; add butter and vanilla.  Whisk to blend. 

Pour into 4 serving dishes. Cover with plastic
wrap. Cool in refrigerator 4-5 hours or until set well.  Top with
whipped cream.  

Yield: 4 servings 

MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS: In a 1-qt. microwave safe bowl, combine sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt. Whisk until blended, then slowly stir in milk until smooth. Microwave on high, uncovered, for about 2 minutes. Whisk well, then microwave 3 or 4 more minutes, stirring after each minute, until thick. Add butter and vanilla; allow to cool. Serve as suggested above. 



Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. Me tooooo!! It's comforting for me for sure! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Printfriendly