Wednesday, July 7, 2010

CALICO BEANS - MMM!

Pssst - did you see my new button on the right hand side???  Feel free to grab it if you like my posts and share it with your readers!  Traci, from Graphic Designs by Traci, designed it for me.  She was so sweet to work with and really gave me exactly what I wanted!
   
I had tasted these beans before, but made them myself for the first time for the 4th.  Hope you'll give them a try too.  It's a colorful and easy dish to share for a reunion or get together.


CALICO BEANS

1-1/2# hamburger, browned
1/2# bacon, diced
1/2 c. onions
1/2 c. catsup
1 c. (or less) brown sugar
1 TB. mustard
1 TB. vinegar
1 large can kidney beans, partially drained
1 large can pork & beans, partially drained
1 regular can lima or butter beans, partially drained

Combine all ingredients together and place in
lg. greased baking dish.  Bake at 350 for
1-1/2 hrs. or 4 - 5 hrs. on low in crockpot.