Monday, June 27, 2011

Quick 'n' Easy Peanut Butter Chocolate Candy Pie

I saw this recipe on a calendar by Taste of Home and knew I would have to try it.
5 SIMPLE INGREDIENTS!!!!

(How could you possibly go wrong?)



Not long ago, my husband's siblings got together.  Hubby is the 5th of 10 children - 2 passed at a young age, and both parents were deceased before the age of 50. This group is close knit and they appreciate each other and the gift of life itself.

These local siblings love to get together a few times a year.  It's always a great night of fun, hilarious laughter, game-playing (Outburst!!), reminiscing and of course food.  (We ARE Baker's after all!)

I had had a busy day that day, and so I needed to make something quick to take along. (Beside my yummy egg salad sandwiches).

I had leftover peanut butter cups from cookies I'd made for a bake sale, so this was a great way to get them out of the pantry, and not (have) to eat them all myself!


This pie whips up in just a few minutes and only has to chill 15 minutes before cutting.

I know this is going to be a go-to dessert for me whenever I'm in a rush.

And everyone loved it.

I changed this up a little by doubling the pudding amounts, because I wanted a thick(er) pie.



PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE PIE 

1 pkg. (6 ozs) mini peanut butter cups
1 cup cold milk
1 4-serving size instant chocolate pudding mix (I used sugar free...
(I know....there's candy in this pie, but it still cut back on the sugar...and you could use sugar free candy if you wanted - Reese's now makes sugar free peanut butter cups) 
1 8 ozs. tub frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 chocolate crumb crust (8")

Cut four peanut butter cups in half; coarsely chop remaining cups and set aside.  In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft set.  Fold in whipped topping.

Fold in chopped peanut butter cups.  Spoon into crust.  Arrange halved peanut butter cups on top. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes before cutting.

Yield: 8 servings.

THIS IS WHAT I DID: I mixed 2 sm. pkgs. of pudding with 2 cups of milk; folded in whipped topping. Before adding candies, I took out 1 cup of pudding (for later) then poured the candy-laden pudding into the crust.

Something to remember...sugar free pudding has a softer set

Linked to Melt in Your Mouth Monday
                    Sweets for a Saturday

4 comments :

  1. If I could, I'd eat a piece right now for breakfast. ha. That looks really, really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can never go wrong with peanut butter and chocolate. MMMMMM!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two of some of my favorite things...Peanut Butter and chocolate!
    Making me drool! :)

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly