Thursday, June 28, 2012

Cool Peach Dessert {2 ingredients}

Are you ready to chill in these hot temps?  I have just what you've been looking for....


I love Margo's recipes at Joyful Homemaking.  When I saw this 
Cool Lemon Dessert recipe shared at Weekend Potluck, I couldn't get to the kitchen quick enough to begin making it. 

Bummer!  I had to let the Cool Whip (I used sugar free) thaw before I could begin...it was tough having to wait! 

WHO CAN ARGUE USING ONLY 2 INGREDIENTS!!????

Easy Peasy and lots of options....using the flavor of jello your family loves best. Lemon is great but I didn't have any so peach did the trick for us. 

A super duper way to make your own homemade 'ice cream' with only a few stirs...well, quite a few!

The kids can help too!


Margo also has a recipe that she uses this to 'frost' an angel food cake. YUMMERS!! 


COOL PEACH DESSERT 


1- 3 ounce box (4-serv. size) lemon jello (regular or sugar free)

1-16 ounce container of cool whip


Mix together very well - you want to stir it a lot so the jello dissolves -
then freeze. Scoop it out with an ice cream scoop and chill! 


Linked to Weekend Potluck
Foodie Friends Friday
Fit & Fabulous Friday
Mop it up Monday
Mix it up Monday
Thursday's Treasures
Ingredient Spotlight - Whipped Topping