Thursday, April 4, 2013

Strawberry Pina Colada Smoothie


    
Excited to be featured as a guest host at LOVE BAKES GOOD CAKES!
C'mon over and check out the CINNAMON ROLL BAKED OATMEAL CUPS I'm sharing here




 I'm always wanting to check out the recipes I find at Polly & Rachel's  blog...Thriving Home    
                                                                 
As you probably know...I love love love smoothies!

So when I saw they posted this simple 'tropical' concotion...with everything on hand...I went right to the blender and enjoyed some tastes of the islands...

I keep sliced bananas in the freezer - makes them perfect for adding to smoothies. 

Close your eyes and put on some tropical music and maybe you'll be able to see the palm trees swaying in the breeze.....

Enjoy!!

(I have NO idea why I didn't think to add a fresh berry to the side of the glass!?


STRAWBERRY PINA COLADA SMOOTHIE 
  • 2 cups strawberries (frozen or fresh)
  • 2 cups pineapple (frozen or fresh)
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
  • 1/2 c. vanilla Greek yogurt 
  • 1 cup crushed ice..(or more)
  • 1 banana, sliced or chunked
  • (I added a few drops of liquid Stevia) 
Place ingredients in blender and blend on high until smooth. Pour & enjoy every luscious sip! 

Linked to Weekend Potluck

3 comments :

Printfriendly