Sunday, June 1, 2014

No Roll Sugar Cookies

After recently seeing this recipe in our weekly issue of The American Profile publication, I saved the recipe.  When I opened my little Blue Ribbon Winners AP cookbook (I have 2 recipes in that publication), I found another copy of this recipe.  I figured it was high time to make them!!

I have loved the simple family-friendly recipes found in American Profile.  I once won $100 for my Butternut Squash Bake recipe from AP....so it's no wonder I am very partial to them and the recipes they share. ;-}

These little cookies were very light and simple to make.   Just be sure not to press them down too hard prior to baking.  Pushing them halfway down is fine. 

The powdered sugar and butter make them a melt-in-your-mouth kind of treat!

This recipe originated from Mary Newton of Winterset, Iowa. 


NO ROLL SUGAR COOKIES 

1-1/2 c. powdered sugar
6 TB. white sugar
1-1/2 c. (3 sticks) butter (no substitutes), room temp
2 eggs
3-1/4 c. all purpose flour
1-1/2 tsp. baking soda
1-1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
1-1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
(I used half lemon/half vanilla) 

Preheat oven to 350. 

Cream together sugars and butter with a mixer at medium speed.  Add eggs and mix well.  Add flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and vanilla; mix well. Chill 15 - 30 minutes. 

Roll dough into walnut-sized balls.  Place on ungreased baking sheet.  Flatten slightly with the bottom of a glass that's been dipped in sugar. Bake about 10 minutes, until light golden. 

Yield: about 5 dozen cookies 

Linked to Meal Plan Monday


Be sure to check out this recipe for...
'Melt in Your Mouth' Pecan Toffee Cookies






Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly