Friday, October 15, 2010

Black Bottom Cupcakes


Don't these look yummy?  Look at that cream cheese & chocolate chips! MMM!

I recently made this recipe and shared with my son and family.  It wasn't long afterwards, my daughter-in-love called to find out where the recipe was
in my cookbook.  (SMILE!)

Again I say....MMM!  Enjoy!

BLACK BOTTOM CUPCAKES
Cupcake part:
1 c. white sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 c. water
1 TB. vinegar
1-1/2 c. all purpose flour
1/4 c. baking cocoa
1/2 tsp. salt
1/3 c. vegetable oil
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350. In medium mixing bowl, beat all
ingredients together until blended.  Line cupcake pans
with papers - fill 1/3 full with batter.  Top with a tablespoonful
of the cream cheese mixture.  Bake 15 - 18 minutes.  They are
done baking when the cake part tests finished. 
Yield: about 2 dozen

Cream Cheese Filling:
1-8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 egg
1/2 c. white sugar
1/8 tsp. salt
1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate (mini) chips

In small bowl, beat all ingredients together until smooth.




1 comment :

  1. Oh! Those look yummy! I love adding cream cheese to desserts! :)

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly