Monday, October 25, 2010

Life really is Sa-Weeeet!

My dear hubby and I just got home from spending a week in the Ozarks. It was a glorious time away!!

Here we are standing on the dock in front of the 'cabin' on the Lake of the Ozarks
where we stayed!

We were truly blessed to stay in a gorgeous 'second' home of some local friends and couldn't have been more pleased.  We had plenty of room and even a washer/dryer.  I think we only ate out 3 times during the week.  I did some cooking but nothing demanding.

We had NO tv....internet...not even a radio!  I know I had years added to my life because of the restful and relaxing time we enjoyed - away from my usual fast-paced life! I can't believe
I actually had time to read a 252-page book while gone!

The best part was spending time with precious TX friends that we hadn't seen in over 5 years. This was kind of a mid-way place for us to meet.  We always laugh ourselves silly when we're together and that's SUCH good medicine for the soul!
This is Bill & Jerri Sparks - our TX pastor and wife when we were stationed in Austin, TX, in the early 80's.  These folks truly light up our lives.  (After all - they ARE Sparks!=)


We all enjoyed sitting on the deck watching the fish come to the surface to catch bugs, or jump out of the water. We played card games and dominoes and relaxed to the max.  I even took 2 naps one afternoon!

Sunset from the second floor deck

Sunrise

It was tough to come home, but we were missing family and are ever so grateful for the break.
It was an 11 hr. drive one direction.

A beautiful place we hope to return to again one day.  Til then, we will cherish the precious memories we made during this very special getaway.

3 comments :

  1. Oh my goodness! What a great trip! It looks absolutely beautiful there! I'm glad you had a chance to get away from it all and it's great to see a picture of your hubby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a wonderful time! So glad you enjoyed a well-deserved vacation, dear one! Much love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful photo of you and your Husband!
    Looks like you had a great time!

    Ive been to the Ozarks ( many years ago..) and absolutely loved it! =)

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly