Friday, February 18, 2011

Chicken Broccoli Casserole

This is a wonderful one-dish meal. I quickly made this to take to my son's family for dinner, and didn't get many pictures...

But...

The day after I made this, I saw this post at Sweet as Sugar Cookies - and Lisa's picture there is GREAT!  So take a peek...she calls her dish Chicken Divan. Nice! Be sure to check out her Sweets for a Saturday 'party'. I have her new button at the button of my blog list. I do think she had more cheese in her tasty-looking dish than I did.  *-*


After I mixed the soup/mayo/egg/lemon juice, I poured it over the chicken & broccoli.

Since I didn't have seasoned stuffing mix, I used crushed crackers - mixed them with melted butter and sprinkled over the top.

What a tasty tasty combination of flavors! 

(Yes, I took a spoonful out before delivering it to our son's home! I HAD to...sometimes it's important to taste it before giving it away, right?=)


CHICKEN/BROCCOLI CASSEROLE

1 - 16 oz. pkg. frozen chopped broccoli
3 c. cooked, chopped chicken breasts
1 (10-3/4 oz) can cream of chicken soup
1 (10 -3/4 oz) can cream of celery soup
2/3 c. mayonnaise (use real)
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp. lemon juice
1 c. grated cheddar cheese
6 Tb. butter or margarine, melted
2 - 3 c. seasoned stuffing mix

Preheat oven to 350. Cook, drain and cool broccoli; place in bottom of greased 9" X 13" baking dish.  Put bite-sized pieces of chicken on top of broccoli.  Mix soups, mayo, egg and lemon juice.  Spread over chicken. Sprinkle with cheese. Melt butter; toss with stuffing mix; spread over cheese.  Cover with foil; bake 30 minutes; remove foil and bake another 30 minutes.

Dish can be made a day ahead and refrigerated, adding the crumb topping
just before baking. 

Enjoy a fabulous weekend!  Spring is only 30 days away!!!!


7 comments :

  1. That looks amazing, and sounds so good. I will have to try this. I always taste before I deliver. A good chef will always do that, and you are a good chef...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking for a good recipe like this! Thanks for posting! Also, thanks for the nice compliment on my blog...Congrats on grandbaby #8, I am having the 8th grandbaby for my husband's parents, too! Just became your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks absolutely fantastic! I printed out Lisa's recipe as soon as I saw it. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woman! Your blog background is adorable! I also wanted to encourage you today....

    you have such an encouraging spirit and heart! Keep shining Jesus!


    Love,
    Traci @ Ordinary Inspirations

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! I love how pretty it looks when you see the layers in the pan, too. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such wonderful layers! I am sure it tastes brilliant :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the combo of chicken and broccoli. Looks so simple to make too! Great casserole :)

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly