Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Spiced Brown Sugar & Pumpkin Granola


I was very intrigued when I found this recipe at Lisa's Sweet as Sugar Cookies.

I love crunch, so this granola really satisfies me.

And pumpkin isn't just for baking with in the fall...I love it all year long!

After I made it, I got a brainstorm to mix it with fruit and yogurt and make a parfait.  It was as good as it looks. 


I simply layered the granola with sliced bananas and yogurt. 

Of course, you could use whatever fruit you have on hand...even canned.

Delicious and nutritious!


PUMPKIN GRANOLA

1/4 c. canned pumpkin
1/2 c. brown sugar (I used 1/4 c. brown sugar blend)
2 Tbsp. canola or olive oil
1 Tbsp. vanilla
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (I increased the spices)
1 tsp. kosher salt (I used sea salt)
3 c. old-fashioned oats
2 c. nuts (I used almonds)
2 c. dried fruits (I used dried apricots and assorted berries)


Preheat oven to 325F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, sugar, oil, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Add oats and nuts; toss to coat. Spread evenly on baking sheet and bake 30 min., stirring halfway through (I'd recommend letting it go for an hour). Stir in dried fruit and continue baking until oats are just crisp, about 10-15 min. more. Stir one last time; then set aside to cool completely. When hard, break into chunks and store in an airtight container.

7 comments :

  1. I saw that recipe at Lisa's too and thought it would be good. I have lots of pumpking in the freezer. I need to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet this is out of this world delicious...And the crunch on top of yogurt??? A must!! I have been buying my granola, but I will definitely have to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this does sound good!
    Can I come over for breakfast & have some with you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I could really go for that right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...traigo
    sangre
    de
    la
    tarde
    herida
    en
    la
    mano
    y
    una
    vela
    de
    mi
    corazón
    para
    invitarte
    y
    darte
    este
    alma
    que
    viene
    para
    compartir
    contigo
    tu
    bello
    blog
    con
    un
    ramillete
    de
    oro
    y
    claveles
    dentro...


    desde mis
    HORAS ROTAS
    Y AULA DE PAZ


    COMPARTIENDO ILUSION
    THE BETTER BAKER

    CON saludos de la luna al
    reflejarse en el mar de la
    poesía...




    ESPERO SEAN DE VUESTRO AGRADO EL POST POETIZADO DE MEMORIAS DE AFRICA , CHAPLIN MONOCULO NOMBRE DE LA ROSA, ALBATROS GLADIATOR, ACEBO CUMBRES BORRASCOSAS, ENEMIGO A LAS PUERTAS, CACHORRO, FANTASMA DE LA OPERA, BLADE RUUNER ,CHOCOLATE Y CREPUSCULO 1 Y2.

    José
    Ramón...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marsha, this sounds wonderful. I am new to your blog, so I've spent some time browsing through your earlier entries. I really like the food and recipes you feature here and I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly