Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Cream Cheese Coffee Cake - YEH Baby!

OH.MY.GOODNESS! This is revised version of an older recipe and is definitely one of my all-time favorites - ever! 

I hope your family will enjoy it as much as ours does.

We have enjoyed this for family brunches and for ladies meetings at church also.

When my friend Lois and I took our first bites of this coffee cake when it was served at church, we looked at each other and we both said "I need this recipe!"

You know it's gotta be good!

If you love cream cheese...and crescent rolls too...like I do...try it, you'll like it! It is mighty delicious!

Such an excellent combination!!


A good friend reminded me that you can also add pie filling on top of the cream cheese, before adding the top crust...or fresh blueberries or apples!

Try it - you'll love it!

(In this photo, I added fresh blueberries to one side of the coffee cake, 
peach pie filling to the other!)

CREAM CHEESE COFFEE CAKE

2-8 ozs. pkg. crescent rolls (they make a whole sheet now you know=)
2-8 ozs. blocks cream cheese, softened
1-1/2 cup sugar, divided
1 egg, separated
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped nuts

 

Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9" X 13" X 2" baking dish, lightly with cooking spray. Spread first tube of rolls in bottom of pan, sealing perforations. Beat cream cheese together with 1 cup sugar, egg yolk and vanilla. Spread evenly over base.

Spread second tube of rolls evenly over cream cheese mixture, sealing edges to pan. Mix remaining 1/2 cup sugar, cinnamon and nuts. Beat egg white slightly and brush evenly over rolls. Sprinkle with sugar-cinnamon-nut mixture and bake 30 - 35 minutes. Serve warm.

Can be made a day ahead and refrigerated overnight.

 

GOBBLE! SWOON! MMM!  AAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!



Linked to Totally Tasty Tuesday
           Tea Party Tuesday
             Wonka Wednesday
            Ingredient Spotlight
          Recipe of the Week
 

10 comments :

  1. This sounds so good!This is my first visit to your blog, so I've taken some time to browse through your earlier entries. I'm so glad I did that. You've created a lovely spot for your readers to visit and I really enjoyed the time I spent here. I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUMMMMMY!! I have had this before and it is great. Sometimes there is pie filling slipped in there too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeh Baby! is right. Anything made with cream cheese has got to be good. Totally worth spending the money to buy the ingredients for this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmmmm looks so yummy! And so good with coffee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOOOH!!!! THIS SOUNDS AWESOME!!!!! THANKS 4 SHARING AT WONKA WEDNESDAY!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had me at CREAM CHEESE! Yummy! This reminds me a tiny bit of breakfast sopapillas, but I like the addition of egg and nuts in this one. We'll have to add it to the ever growing "To Try" list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so very yummy. I'm wondering if there might be a way to add pumpkin into it... I'm so obsessed with pumpkin right now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an easy recipe! I like the idea of using the crescent roll dough.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cream cheese anything is delicious! This recipe sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly