Friday, September 2, 2011

Pineapple Bread Pudding


I just HAD to try this delicious dish after seeing it at Everyday Sisters.
If you've never looked at their blog, please take a peek. A big one!

This is four biological sisters who have teamed together to do a food blog.
I find that very exciting.

I'm the oldest of 4 and the only girl born into my family, and love the idea of having sisters to do anything with.

Oh trust me...I really do have plenty of sisters...of my heart.

And when I was 9 years old, my family invited foster girls to come live with us. I have remained close to one of them.  We still keep in touch and I'm honored to say she named her first daughter after my mom and me...Marsha Marie.

AHHH - love the sound of that.  =)

Sherri is my first 'real' sister!

Anyway...enough of the family history lesson...let's get onto the recipe. It's really good. And I guess you could say it's bread pudding 'kicked up a notch'!

Super easy to make too, just mix everything together in one bowl!
I'm ALL for one-bowl recipes!

This dish can be served warm, cold or room temperature.  How great is that??

This is a picture of it prior to baking...just so you get the idea of texture.




And this is what it looks like ready-to-eat. MMMMMouth-watering!



PINEAPPLE BREAD PUDDING

12 pieces white bread (cut up/no crust)
2 (20 ozs each) large cans of crushed pineapple*
1 cup sugar
2 sticks margarine (melted)
8 eggs
cinnamon (to taste)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 13x9 casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. In a large bowl beat eggs, add sugar and mix to combine. Mix in melted margarine and pineapple. Fold in cut up bread pieces. Pour pineapple bread pudding into prepared baking dish and sprinkle the top with cinnamon. Bake for 1 hour.

*If you don't like pineapple you can use mixed frozen berries

Linked to Melt in Your Mouth Monday
Sweets for a Saturday
Totally Tasty Tuesday
Ingredient Spotlight
Meal Plan Monday





11 comments :

  1. This just looks wonderful! I could eat it right now for breakfast. Thanks for coming by to see me. I have enjoyed my visit here, too. Great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi TBB. Love your recipes. You bake the things I like to eat. Will be sifting through your recipes. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm your newest follower.

    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love bread pudding! And with pineapple? That's even better....

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum....two of my favorite things...pineapple and bread pudding! I would have never thought to put them together! I can almost smell that baking. oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds glorious! Thanks for enlightening me to the Everyday Sister's blog...excited to take a deeper peek! Can't wait to make this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't believe that I hadn't "followed" you yet so I did just today. It is always fun to have a new blog to search through. My parents had foster daughters, also, beginning when I was a teen. Some of them were after I was married, but the two we had when I was home remain close to me today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love for you to share this and be a guest chef over at Whitehead's monthly Menu this month. Yumm.

    http://whiteheadsmonthlymenu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love bread pudding, but have never made it at home by myself! And I've never had a pineapple bread pudding, I bet it's delish. And I've always wanted a sister!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Desi for letting me know that someone tried our bread pudding recipe!! This really is a family favorite. We actually serve it as a side dish for BBQs. It goes great right along savory dishes (kind of like jello mold at Thanksgiving ;) I'm so glad that you liked it enough to blog it.

    Ellen

    http://everydaysisters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds fantastic! I'm thinking caramel sauce over the top. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly