Friday, December 30, 2011

Graham Cracker Peppermint Bark

Since this is my last post until next week, I am extending warmest wishes for a very

LOOKING FORWARD TO ALL THAT 2012 HOLDS FOR US!
BE SAFE!!!

I was so tickled to come across this adorable simple and delicious treat just a few days before Christmas.

I found this recipe at Mommy's Kitchen. I can ALWAYS trust Tina's recipes...and I often 'run' to her blog to find something quick and easy.  She never lets me down. 

What made me even more excited was that I had an open pkg. of graham crackers, only a few blocks of chocolate almond bark, and a few candy canes to crush for on top.
I LOVE USING UP LEFTOVERS!  Especially when you can make something so pretty and nice.

Maybe you have a few leftovers too, that you can make these for your New Year's get together.

This would make a beautiful addition to your NY tray of goodies.

And I had it done - from beginning to end - in just about 30 minutes.
I even put a picture of these babies on our digital Christmas newsletter.

Aren't they just prettiful???  *-*


GRAHAM CRACKER PEPPERMINT BARK

8 - 10 graham crackers (1 - sleeve)

2 - candy canes, crushed
12 oz - milk chocolate almond bark (half of a 24 oz block)

Add chocolate to a microwave safe bowl and melt according to package directions. Break graham cracker into fours. Using a fork dip each graham cracker into chocolate to coat, letting excess drip off.
Place on parchment-lined baking sheet and sprinkle with peppermint. Allow to set about 30 minutes. (I set mine in the cold garage and they set up quickly). Break into pieces or leave whole. Store in a airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to a week.

Linked to Weekend Potluck

8 comments :

  1. So easy and very pretty! Happy New Year, my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those ARE pretty! And I bet they taste delicious too. So simple, I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look out Keebler Elves....I love the chocolate covered grahams. And with peppermint added to them, oh my goodness. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting my Diana Rambles blog and commenting. I make a similar recipe, but I use saltines. I will have to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I had these right now. Delicious looking! Now I'm totally craving these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cute and looks awesome! What a good (and easy) idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how easy these sound and how good they look! Happy New Year, Marsha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmm! This could be my new favorite treat!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly