Monday, December 19, 2011

Ultimate Creamed Corn {Slow Cooker}

This is one honkin' awesome dish!  We enjoyed it for T'giving and I got lots of raves over it. 

My hubby - who loves everything and anything - even said this was his favorite dish of the day.  WOW!

I am an admitted addict to cream cheese and I can't imagine any way at all, that this dish could be improved on.

It was great to put it on a few hours before we ate, and then just stir a few times before enjoying.

It even keeps warm for an hour on low after it's ready to eat...if you have any left over, that is.

I remember the very first time I tried this recipe.  My reaction was...

OH.MY.WORD!!!

It's easy and makes a fine side dish for any meal.

You just can't go wrong using your slow cooker either, especially when you're fixing a big meal. 

Hope you'll give this one a try over the holidays.  You won't be sorry!!!

If you prefer, you can reduce the amount of cream cheese to 8 ozs. It would still be delicious I'm sure.

Just look at that would you....can you say....
CAAAAA-REEEEAAAM-M-M-M-M-Y!


ULTIMATE CREAMED CORN

2 (16 ozs) bags frozen whole kernel corn
12 ozs. cream cheese, cut into cubes
(I always use 1/3 reduced fat cream cheese)
3/4 c. milk
1/2 c. butter or margarine, melted
(I used 6 Tb.)
2 tsp. sugar
(I used xylitol)
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper

Spray bottom and sides of 3 - 4 qt. slow cooker with cooking spray.  Spread corn over bottom. Top with cream cheese cubes.  In small bowl, stir together remaining ingredients; pour over corn and cream cheese.  Cover; cook on high for 2 - 3 hours. Stir well before serving.  (I can't resist - I HAVE to stir it after about 1-1/2 hours!) Corn will hold on low heat up to 1 hour; stir occasionally.

(Hint: place cream cheese cubes in the middle of the corn so that it doesn't burn on the sides while cooking).

8 comments :

  1. Following via linky party! I'm a sucker for good creamed corn(southern girl) so I will have to try this recipe! I also pinned it :) for others to find.
    Melly
    http://www.beckhamandbloom.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love me some creamy corn with just about anything - this looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, I can just about taste the creamy goodness and sweetness of this dish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's fresh corn season here in FLA, since I can't get enough of it, I'm always looking for new ways to enjoy it. I'm totally doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is how we make it! Well, almost. We are so bad, all ours has in it is corn, cream cheese and butter (though I find it blends best with margarine-even worse). Love creamed corn for holiday meals! My hubs has to have it at Thanksgiving and Christmas or he will pout-lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot wait to try this, all I need is corn. I know this is going to be good. Can't go wrong when corn is involved.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cannot wait to try this, all I need is corn. I know this is going to be good. Can't go wrong when corn is involved.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly