Friday, January 20, 2012

Crockpot Cheesecake

This is another wonderful dessert recipe you bake in the crockpot!

I just HAD to give it a try when I saw the recipe at

I am always intrigued by the things you can actually do in a crockpot!

This is so easy and delicious...as well as versatile. I added peanut butter, but you could add fruit or swirl chocolate in it!

Another option would be to make an Oreo cheesecake. Use cookies instead of crackers for the crust - reduce the sugar in the filling - and add more chopped cookies to the batter???


The 'tip' I always share when it comes to 'baking' desserts in the crockpot....Before placing the cover on to bake, place a couple of paper towels just under the lid.  It will catch the moisture
from the lid so your dessert doesn't end up with a soggy top.

I also substituted Splenda for the sugar and used 1/3 reduced fat cream cheese. Splenda bakes faster so our cheesecake was done  on the quicker end of timing.  Do NOT use fat free cream cheese because it contains water and you'll have a runny dessert.


CROCKPOT CHEESECAKE

Crust:
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
2 Tb. brown sugar
3 Tb. melted butter

Filling:
2 - 8 ozs. pkgs. cream cheese, room temperature
(or microwave for 20 seconds)
3/4 c. white sugar
2 large eggs, room temperature
(can place in warm water for a few minutes)
1/4 c. heavy cream
1 tsp. good vanilla
1 Tb. flour
(I added about 1/2 c. peanut butter also)

First, find a baking dish that will fit into your crockpot.  I used a smaller sized Corning Ware dish - 1.5 quart. It fit nicely in my 6-qt. crockpot. You're going to make a water bath.

In a plastic zipper bag, crush the graham crackers into crumbs with a rolling pin.  Mix with brown sugar and melted butter. Blend until wet and crumby. Press the crumbs into the bottom of the dish.
(I can't recall for sure, but do think I spritzed it with a little cooking spray).

In a large bowl, place cream cheese, sugar, eggs, cream, vanilla and flour. Beat with a mixer until smooth. Pour mixture over the crust.

Pour 1/2 - 1 c. of water in bottom of the crockpot.  Lower the dish inside, being careful not to slosh water into your cheesecake.

Place paper towels over the top of the crockpot; cover and cook on high for 2 - 3 hours.  Check about halfway through cooking time to see how it's doing. (some crockpots are faster you know).

The cheesecake is done when the edges are no longer shiny and have set. (If you touch it lightly, nothing should stick to your
finger). Allow to sit in crockpot to cool for an hours before removing. Refrigerate for atleast 2 hours before cutting and serving.



15 comments :

  1. Oh wow great idea on using the crockpot. The cheesecake looks wonderful. Thanks for sharing and I like the new background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so yummy...will have to try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. darn I need a new crock pot - I have the older small style (it still works) so haven't gotten rid of it - but I can't fit a pan in there....

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Cheesecake looks rich and inviting!I never knew you could bake in a crockpot - its new to me.The cheesecake has turned out just perfect - so maybe I'll give this a try sometime:)Thanks for the lovely idea and have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE!!! Saw this on pinterest and would love for you to share on Thursday's Treasures. http://www.recipesformyboys.com/p/thursdays-treasures.html <3 and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, now that's creative! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously!?!?! I'm trying this tomorrow! (pinned)

    ReplyDelete
  8. WAHOO!!! I LOVE YOU!
    Cant wait to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Marsha,
    I'm so pleased to pass on the 'Triple Cute awards' and the 'Cherry on Top Award' to your wonderful blog!Please do check out the link at my place and accept the award -

    http://witwokandwisdom.blogspot.com/2012/01/potato-and-chicken-strips-curry-curry.html

    Hope to see you soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know right! It really is amazing all the things you can make in a crockpot. Crazy good! I found you via Mandy's Recipe Box Link Party.

    http://www.thejohnslife.com/BabycakesBlog/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love Cheesecake so will have to give this one a try... Good thing I have two crockpots... one for the main meal and one for the dessert. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday and I hope you come back this week for our party.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this method for cooking yummy & creamy cheesecake. Great tip about the paper towels under the lid; you're always teaching me something new Marsha!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great tip on putting paper towels at the top of the crock pot for desserts-I'll remember that! The cheesecake looks so rich and creamy. Mmmmmm

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly