Friday, July 3, 2020

Taco Bake (Lean & Green)


I've been trying to drop some pounds for some time and am pleased to have finally found a program that works for me. 

I'm eating a 'fueling' every 2-1/2 hours...and enjoying a good
ole healthy meal once a day.

(Options can be a brownie, soup, oatmeal, shakes, etc etc that you mix from a packet - really is some delish stuff! ) 

So far so good! It works well for me and my busy lifestyle. 

And the scale shows it!  WOWZA! 

I don't have a 'credit' for this recipe as I found it at another
Lean & Green recipe page at Facebook. 

But I really liked this.  I halved the recipe and baked it in 
a deep dish pie pan.

It's 8 servings if you bake the whole recipe, so do whatever
floats your boat! 

Enjoy!
TACO BAKE 

Crust:
8 Tb. or 1/2 c. reduced fat cream cheese, softened (8 Condiments)
1/4 c. egg beaters (.125 Lean)
5 Tb. fat free half and half (5 condiments)
1/2 tsp. taco seasoning (.25 condiment)
8 ounces low fat Mexican cheese blend, shredded (2 Lean)

Topping: 
24.37 ozs;. 93% fat free Jennie-O ground turkey, cooked (4.875 Lean)
4 tsp. taco seasoning (2 Condiments)
1 c. tomato puree - tomatoes chopped then pureed to equal 1 c. (4 Greens)
4 ozs. chopped green chilies (8 condiments)
4 ozs. Mexican cheese blend, shredded (1 Lean)

Preheat oven to 375*. 

For the crust, beat the cream cheese and eggs until smooth.  Add cream and seasoning. Grease 9" X 13" baking dish; spread cheese mixture over the bottom; sprinkle cheese over top, then press into batter using the back of a spoon.  Bake 25 - 30 minutes.  Let stand 5 minutes before adding topping. 

For the topping, brown the turkey; drain any grease.  Stir in seasoning, tomato sauce and chilies. Spread evenly over the crust.  Top with shredded cheese. 

Reduce oven to 350; bake another 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly. 

Serve with your favorite veggies!

8 servings: 
1 Lean, 3 Condiments, 1/2 green per serving

(You'll need 2-1/2 more greens per serving). 









Print Friendly and PDF

5 comments :

  1. Somehow this post just showed up today!! This recipe sounds really tasty. Thank you for sharing and telling us about your successful weight loss in following this plan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure why it's dated the 3rd..that's probably when I put together the post..just published yesterday???🤪

      Delete
  2. Great to find you. I am just beginning my Lifetime change to Lean & Green meal along with fuelings. I am thrilled to find this "family friendly" recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so pleased you stopped by. I don't have many L & G recipes on my blog, but they are all wonderful. Enjoy and please come back soon.

      Delete

Printfriendly