Monday, October 29, 2012

Halloween Cookie Bars


                                                                       
I love the special recipes that Tina shares at Mommy's Kitchen.

When she said this was her 'go to' cookie bar recipe I knew I would not be disappointed.   

She has sooo many cute Halloween-y type recipes, so please be sure to check them out.  

I made these to take to "Trunk or Treat" at church. I made a double batch and baked them in a 9" X 13" pan.  I think they were a little thicker than Tina's. 

I mixed them by hand...I think the dough was a bit thick to try to use my hand mixer, but a stand mixer should work fine. 


HALLOWEEN COOKIE BARS 

1/2 c. old fashioned or quick oats
1 c. brown sugar, packed
2 c. biscuit mix (like Bisquick or Jiffy)
(My Homemade Bisquick recipe here)
1 stick butter or margarine, melted
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 c. butterscotch or chocolate chips
1 c. candy corn
sprinkles for garnish

Preheat oven to 350. Grease 8" X 8" baking dish. 

In large mixing bowl, combine oats, brown sugar &  baking mix. Add egg to cooled melted butter; blend, then stir into dry mixture; mix until well blended. Add butterscotch chips and pat into prepared pan. 

Bake 25 - 30 minutes.  Remove from oven just before it's golden brown.
Sprinkle with candy corn. Return to oven for 2 - 3 minutes, just enough to allow the candy corn to warm so it will stick. Watch carefully. 

Remove from oven; add sprinkles.  I drizzled a little tinted frosting over the top, but they're cute without. 

When completely cool, cut into bars. 

Yield: 12 servings 

                                                                    

7 comments :

  1. yum...and they look very festive, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous cookie bars! Great Halloween Treat! I'd rather have one of your bars over a bag of candy anyday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, my students' eyes would light up if I brought these to school! Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw these on Tina's blog and thought they were adorable and sounded delish!! I can't believe there's bisquick in the batter! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw these on Tina's blog and thought they were adorable and sounded delish!! I can't believe there's bisquick in the batter! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These sure look yummy and fun to decorate for the seasons!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly