Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Killer 7-Up Biscuits (4 ingredients!)

These really are KILLER biscuits. 
(It's also one of the easy recipes included in my upcoming cookbook=)

With only 4 simple ingredients, they go together quickly, and only take about 15 minutes to bake.

They are light and fluffy and the crusty buttery crust makes them 'over the top'.


In this photo, one biscuit is right side up, and the other is upside down so you can get a glimpse of that yummy buttery crust. It's difficult to see how nicely the biscuit has absorbed the butter in the one on top, but trust me, it has plenty of butter too. 
Though I reviewed at least 4 similar recipes at blogs, I have to admit I got the idea for the name of these biscuits from sweet Tonya at 4 little Fergusons. I know this recipe is all over the internet, in different forms and fashions for making them. I made up my own measurements and the process for shaping them into biscuits.

So...this is my version and we love it. When I helped in a college kitchen this past summer, cooking for about 100 teens, this recipe was made 3 times in
2 weeks. 

Great to serve with breakfast, lunch or dinner.  Would be awesome with beef stew over them or just on the side. 

YOU.WANT.SOME!!! 

KILLER 7-UP BISCUITS

6 Tb. butter, sliced
2-1/2 c. Bisquick
(I use Heart Smart)
1/2 c. sour cream
(or Greek yogurt)
1/2 c. (diet) 7-up, room temperature

Preheat oven to 450*. As you are preheating, melt the butter in a 9" X 9" baking dish in the oven, watching closely so it simply melts, and not browns. (It could burn when baking the biscuits if overdone).

In large bowl, place Bisquick, sour cream and 7-Up.  Mix with fork until blended. 

Flour your hands. Make 9 biscuits, placing on top of butter, and patting down some, re-flouring your hands as you form each one. (It isn't necessary that the pan be totally filled.) 

Bake about 12 - 15 minutes or until top is browned.

No need to serve with butter as the crust will take care of that part for you. 

I remove one at a time from the pan when serving. 

Reheat in oven or toaster oven...if you have any left.  We even enjoy them cold.

9 comments :

  1. holay molay these sound so good. I saw them on Tonya's blog a while back and I think on Pinterest too. I apparently have some biscuit making to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Marsha, who doesn't love a great biscuit for breakfast, lunch or dinner??!! I love that diet 7-up can be used, too. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never made these before, they sound so delicious and easy! =)

    Thanks for sharing them!
    Pinning to my Bread board.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A friend of mine just shared the same recipe and she said they were amazing! Thank you for linking up with Foodie Friends Friday! We love your recipes. Sharing this on my Walking on Sunshine Facebook page!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea. I love biscuits and I am definitely going to have to try these. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy! Yours looks WAY better than mine. I better get to practicing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. After you melt the butter in your pan do you pour it into the bowl with the rest of the ingredients or do you only mix the remaining ingredients in the bowl and leave the butter in the pan to put the biscuits in?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never been a fan of homemade biscuits....but I tried these a few months ago and now I'm making them at least once a week! I've also found that if you add a little less than 1/4 cup sugar to the dough, you've just made the yummiest shortcake for your fresh strawberries!

    ReplyDelete
  9. In the oven as we speak for Sunday Breakfast :)

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly