Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Tasty Deviled Eggs

Deviled eggs always seem to be the first dish to be gone whenever our family gets together.

I think that's probably true at most potlucks and picnics too.

When I saw this 'dressed up' version from Kim at Sunflower Supper Club I knew I had to try them.  We loved them too...especially hubby.

I omitted the hot sauce, just because I was making for grandkids to eat, but next time I will be adding it...just for him.

I also substituted Greek yogurt for the sour cream, but that's always an option, so just use what your family enjoys most and you'll be all set. 

I also used a garlic pepper I had instead of plain pepper.  We love pepper at our house, so I used more than the original recipe too!




DEVILED EGGS 

1 dozen hard boiled eggs
1/3 c. mayonnaise
2 Tb. Greek yogurt, or sour cream
1-1/2 tsp. white vinegar
1-1/2 tsp. dijon or spicy brown mustard
1/2 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. Frank's hot sauce, optional
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 tsp. garlic/pepper blend
(or ground pepper)

After peeling eggs, cut in half lengthwise.  Remove yolks; place in medium bowl and place egg whites on platter. 

Mash the yolks with a fork.  Add mayo, Greek yogurt, vinegar, mustard, sugar, hot sauce, kosher salt and garlic/pepper. Combine until smooth, using a fork. Either place mixture in ziploc bag and cut a hole in one end to pipe into the whites, or just use a spoon. 

Garnish with paprika.

5 comments :

  1. Boy could I could for a deviled egg right now! You're so right, that they're the first to go at a potluck, Marsha! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum! I haven't made any yet this summer! These look really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My whole family loves deviled eggs. Four children with their wives and husbands (we are blessed). I finally started collecting deviled egg plates to use at holidays and family events. No matter how many variations I make, they are always scarfed down. Thank you for your addition. I always look forward to your new posts in my inbox. Thank you for sharing your recipes and cooking skills.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi~ Great minds must think alike:) I also posted a recipe for deviled eggs! My signature dish when I was a young wife and mom:) Your deviled eggs look delicious~ Have a great week~ Lynn @ Turnips 2 Tangerines

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Deviled Eggs, and whenever I see them at a Potluck, I always grab a few ( or four ... ) =)

    Im going to pin your recipe to try soon!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly