Sunday, November 3, 2013

Individual Cheese Cake Cups

Ya'll know I'm wild about cream cheese! So...

Here's another wonderful and easy cheesecake recipe. 

I have a fettish also...it's muffin cupcake liners.
I get them online, cheap, and am always 'eye-balling' anything new at the grocery store.  Pick Your Plum has some lovely ones. 

I made these for my dear Alaska friend, Pam, who came for a few days visit, soon after she returned from an 18 month tour in Afghanistan
(she's a grandma!).  She is a govt employee and was proud to 'serve those who serve' (our military).  And I'm SO proud of her and her sacrifice.

Anyway, I just loved these Americana cupcake papers, so I used them for these adorable single serve treats.  My friend went crazy over them too.

You'll be amazed at how simple the ingredients are.  The crust is just a yellow cake mix combined with melted butter. 

I honestly have no idea where I got this recipe, but have been making it since my kids were small.  I loved it enough to add to my first cookbook. 

This recipe makes 24, but I often just use a yellow Jiffy cake mix to make 12, just for hubby and me....to share with anyone else too, of course. =)

It's the sour cream/sugar topping that puts them 'over the top'. 
(I used Greek yogurt this time).

Top with fruit pie filling. Folks will think you've worked hard to make this yummy dessert.  

These would be great for the holidays as they aren't too rich, they're a small portion, and they can be made ahead. Perfect!


INDIVIDUAL CHEESE CAKE CUPS

1 (18 ozs) box yellow or devil's food cake mix
1/4 c. butter or margarine, melted
2 (8 ozs. each) pkgs. cream cheese, softened
3/4 c. sugar
(I used part xylitol)
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
(I always use REAL vanilla - Watkins is awesome!)
1-1/2 c. sour cream (or plain Greek yogurt)
1/4 c. sugar
1 (20 ozs.) can favorite pie filling, optional

Preheat oven to 350*.  Place 2-1/2 in. foil or paper liners in 24 muffin cups.  

Crust: Combine cake mix and butter in medium bowl.  Beat with mixer at low speed for 1 minute.  Mixture will be crumbly.  Divide evenly into muffin cups.  Level, but do not press. 

Filling: Combine cream cheese, 3/4 c. sugar, eggs and vanilla; beat until smooth. Spoon evenly into muffin cups.  Bake 20 minutes.  Remove from oven and spread with topping mixture. 

Topping: In small bowl, combine sour cream and 1/4 c. sugar; spoon evenly on cheesecakes, spreading to cover top. Bake 5 - 7 minutes longer; cool completely.  Garnish with pie filling.  Refrigerate until ready to serve. 

Refrigerate leftovers, if you have any.  These can be made ahead as they keep up to a week. 

Yield: 24 single serving cheesecakes 

Tip: If you decide to halve the recipe, use one whole egg and one egg white. 

Linked to Weekend Potluck
               Meal Plan Monday


No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly