Sunday, December 1, 2013

Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Cookies

It is well known...

I AM A COOKIE MONSTER!

I love brown sugar too.  These cookies were exceptionally tasty. 
They are a softer, thicker cookie - perfect with a tall glass of milk. Awesome for snack time...any time. Great for school lunches too. 

It's the perfect time of the year for cranking up the oven and baking some yummy treats...and even freezing them so when the busy busy times come, you'll have something ready to enjoy.  You'll be so glad you tried these perfect little gems.

Thanks so much to Sheena of Hot Eats and Cool Reads for sharing this scrumptious! recipe. 

I made them the same day I found the recipe...that doesn't happen very often! 

I love that it didn't take very many ingredients to make them either. And the kids can help! 

If I was a betting woman, I'd be willing to bet these will become a new family favorite for you too!


BROWN SUGAR AND CINNAMON COOKIES 

2 c. flour
(I used half white wheat)
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking soda 
3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1-1/2 sticks butter, softened (3/4 c.)
1-1/4 c. (dark) brown sugar
1 egg

Preheat oven to 375. Cover baking sheets with parchment paper, for best results.  May spray with non cooking spray instead. 

In medium bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon.  Set aside.

In large bowl, beat butter and sugar until smooth. Add egg; beat well.  Gradually add flour mixture and beat until well mixed. 

Use a small cookie scoop to drop tablespoonsful dough onto prepared baking sheets, about 2" apart.  Bake 8 - 10 minutes.  Cool on wire rack. 

I can't recall how many this recipe makes, but I'm saying between 2 and 2-1/2 dozen. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly