Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Chocolate Caramel Cookies (with Rolos)

I love these wonderful cookies so much that I made them for a recent cookie exchange at church.

Out of 12 entries, I was surprised mine were the only chocolate cookies there.  I had plenty of requests for the recipe too. 

I love using a cake mix for the cookie base...and this only has 5 main ingredients for the cookie, then I dipped the tops in sugar and chopped pecans. 

Pretty, if I do say so myself.  And more than PRETTY TASTY TOO!!

Hope you get to enjoy these for the holidays.  Everyone will love them.  The caramel stays soft even after they cool.

I printed the recipe from Yummly at Food.com. 
I will be indebted to them forever for luring me to my new favorite cookie!! 
Separately, chocolate & caramel have always had me jumping for joy!
Put them together and I can jump even higher! *-*


CHOCOLATE CARAMEL COOKIES (WITH ROLOS)

1 (18 ozs) box devil's food cake mix
2 eggs
2 Tb. flour
1/2 c. vegetable oil
24 - 30 unwrapped Rolo chocolate candies
sugar mixed with chopped pecans
(start with 1/4 c. each)

Preheat oven to 350. Grease cookie sheet.
In large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, flour and oil until blended well. Get enough dough to cover a rolo and wrap around it, making sure it's sealed.
(will be about a walnut-sized when rolo is inside) 
Dip tops in sugar/pecan mixture.  Place on prepared pan. Bake 10 - 11 minutes; let stand 1 minute. Remove to cooling rack.

(These cookies don't spread out much, so I put 15 on the pan at a time). 

Yield: about 2 to 2-1/2 dozen 

GBP Roundup - Christmas Cookies/Candies  
Weekend Potluck 
Meal Plan Monday

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly