Sunday, December 15, 2013

Double Chocolate Chip Oat Cookies

I love a good cake mix cookie.  I've tried several recipes and am always willing to try one more.

I was tickled to see this simple recipe at Artsy-Fartsy Mama, but I adapted it with just a few changes. 

They turned out wonderfully.  I made them to put in the freezer so when I need a plateful of goodies to take to someone for the holidays, I am ready, set to go!

I always stock up on cake mixes when they're on sale. Was shocked when I didn't have a yellow cake mix on hand, so I used chocolate.  LOVED these!

You could add coconut, coffee or toffee for other 'flavor bursts'.


DBL CHOCOLATE CHIP OAT COOKIES

1 yellow cake mix
(I used chocolate)
1 tsp. baking powder
2/3 c. vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1-1/4 c. old fashioned oatmeal
1/2 c. semi sweet chocolate chips
3/4 c. M & M candies 

In large bowl, combine cake mix, baking powder, oil eggs, vanilla & oats; beat with mixer until blended evenly. Stir in chocolate chips and 
M & M's. Drop by rounded Tablespoonsful onto ungreased cookie sheet Bake 350ยบ for 10-12 minutes.

Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen good-sized cookies 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly