Monday, December 9, 2013

Operation Christmas Child Trip and December Schedule

Hello Dear Foodie Friends!

I'm back from my 'missions trip' to Minneapolis, Minnesota. 

I went with a group of 28 guys and gals from my area, most of whom I didn't know...but now have some new special friends.  

We had a great time together processing Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes prior to being shipped overseas.  It was a God-led time and such a blessing. Even though it was very cold, and even snowy, we knew we were right where God would have us to be. 

Here's just a few photos from my time there...

Front door of the warehouse where we all entered - we served
20 hours in 3 days..and had time to go to the Mall of America too!
I also had an Alaska friend, and a TX friend who now live in the area, and they made efforts, even in bad weather, to come visit me! What a charge!!

One of my biggest blessings was being able to see a shoebox that two of my granddaughters had packed at my house...along with their photo. 
There are 750,000 boxes being processed over 3 weeks time.  That God would Hand-Deliver one of the boxes we packed into the hands of someone who knows my granddaughters, is beyond anything I could ever dream up. 

 Every shoebox is inspected by hand.  It's an amazing set up and process. 


All the boxes being processed in MN will be going to one of these 4 countries...

This truckload of boxes were being sent to India.  We all got to pray over the shipment before it left.  I believe my granddaughter's box is in this truck!  WOOOHOO!!



Now that I'm back, I plan to go 'full bore' sharing holiday recipes the next two weeks, and will take part in Weekend Potluck the next 2 Fridays. Some days, I will post 2 new recipes.  I would like to get my drafts file cleaned out before we begin the new year fresh, with some 'lighter fare' in January.

I have lots of YUMMIES to share with you, then I will be taking a break over Christmas and NY weeks. 

I think we all enjoy a break from the routine and will be busy preparing for the new year. 

I will continue sharing already-published recipes at Facebook during that time. 

I plan to get a new computer and want to give myself time to get it all set up the way I want it while enjoying some refreshment from blogging. (I spend far too much time waiting for that little timer to stop and think I will be a lot more productive with a new set up.)

Thanks to each of you for your encouragement and continued support for what I love to do most - spend time in the kitchen and share it with you!! 

Hope you'll hang with me and whip up some great dishes and even gifts to give from your kitchen for the holidays. 



No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly