Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Ritzy Brussel Sprouts

Oh how we both loved this wonderful side dish from Judy, 
AKA The Southern Lady Cooks! She has awesome, down-home, and Southern (of course!) recipes, so please stop by and pay her a visit.  You'll be so glad you did.  Please tell her I sent you over. (Honestly, I owe her BIG TIME for all the sweet folks she has sent over to me!!=)

This delicious dish would make a great holiday side dish!

I always know when hubby comments about HOW GOOD something is...he REALLY likes it.  He couldn't resist mentioning how much he enjoyed this one. 
*-*
 
I am very fond of side dishes and hope to share more of them as the holidays draw closer.  And I have always loved 'dressing up' any veggie.

I knew I had a bag of brussel sprouts in the freezer, so I just had to try this intriguing recipe. 

I made a few revisions...

Have you seen that Ritz has a 'limited edition' of caramelized onion Ritz???
I scarfed them up as soon as I spied them on the shelf....they are very tasty. 
 I think they added a little more flavor to this combo too.

I also added a TB. of butter to the sprouts before adding the soup and topping. 

I used pine nuts instead of almonds, just because I had them on hand. But use whatever you have on hand. 

Use fresh or frozen brussel sprouts...they just need to be cooked 'el dente' to make this dish.

Enjoy every tasty bite! 



RITZY BRUSSEL SPROUTS 
 
1 (16 ozs) bag frozen (or fresh) brussel sprouts, cooked just until tender
1 Tb. butter, melted, optional 
1 (10-3/4 ozs) can cream of celery soup
1/4 c. (2%) milk  
1 tsp. minced onion
(I used a heaping tsp.)
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. fresh ground pepper
14 Ritz crackers (about 2/3 c....or fewer)
1/2 c. shredded co-jack or cheddar cheese
(or your favorite)
3 - 4 Tb. pine nuts or slivered almonds. 


Preheat oven to 400. Place cooked brussel sprouts into 1 qt. baking dish, sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.  Pour melted butter over top. In medium bowl, combine soup, milk, onion, garlic powder and pepper. Pour over brussel sprouts. Sprinkle cheese, ritz crumbs and nuts over top.  Bake uncovered for 30 - 35 minutes. 
Yield: about 5 - 6 servings
 
Linked to Weekend Potluck
GBP Roundup - Farmer's Market Favs

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly