Tuesday, August 5, 2014

(Simple) Glazed Ranch Carrots {4 Ingredients!)


This is a recipe I've had in my head for many years, and every now and then it pops into my mind! I use to have a little 'pamphlet' for recipes using dry Ranch dressing and this is where this one came from. 

I love dressing up carrots and I love ranch dressing.  I always have a good sized jar of the dry mix in the pantry, and am always happy when I remember to try this one again...and again. 

Only a few ingredients and your family will thank you for making such great food! 

Even if you're not a carrot lover, give this a try...I think you'll be very surprised how great this tastes!!!


SIMPLE GLAZED RANCH CARROTS 

1# fresh baby carrots
(peeling/chunking whole ones makes for the best dish)
2 Tb. butter
2 Tb. brown sugar
3/4 - 1 env. (1 oz) ranch salad dressing mix 

Place carrots in medium saucepan along with about 1" of water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat; cover and cook until crisp-tender, about 8 minutes or so.  Drain; set aside.

Into the same pan you cooked the carrots, add the butter and brown sugar; stir until melted together. Stir in dry dressing mix. Add carrots; cook and stir just a few minutes until glazed and hot.

Serve to your happy friends & family!

Yield: about 4 - 5 servings 

Linked to Weekend Potluck






Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly