Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Crockpot Peach Crisp

I was sooo excited to finally get to make this recipe and share with company. 

Only 6 simple ingredients and you are free to be doing other things while the crisp cooks. 

This recipe uses canned peaches....how simple is that??
It's easy and we loved it warm with ice cream. 

I reduced the amount of sugar and used peaches canned in their own juice. 
I love fresh grated nutmeg so I added a little of that too. 

You could always throw a few toffee bits over the top too, but I can't imagine this being any better than it is already. 

I was amazed how crispy the topping turned out. 

I rate this 5 Stars out of 5!!

Thanks so much to Tiffany of Eat at Home for sharing this simple dessert. 

(Hover over photo to pin)

CROCKPOT PEACH CRISP 

3/4 c. packed brown sugar
(original recipe calls for 1 c.)
1 c. quick oats
1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
fresh grated nutmeg, optional
1/4 cup butter, softened 
2 large (20 ozs.) cans peaches, well drained

Spray the inside of the crock or butter it. Stir together brown sugar, oats, flour and cinnamon & nutmeg. Cut the butter into the dry ingredients with a                      pastry blender or 2 forks until the mixture is crumbly.
Place drained peaches in the prepared crock and stir 1/2 the crumbs into the     fruit. Top with the rest of the crumbs.
Before placing on the lid, I like to cover the crock with 2 paper towels,   then add the lid.  It keeps the moisture from falling on top of your dessert but this step is optional.  Cook on low for 3 - 4 hours. (I unplugged ours at                     about 3 hrs. 15 minutes)


(I haven't tried this recipe using fresh peaches, but I would think you'd have to sweeten them, and add some thickener...like tapioca...before adding them to the crockpot.  It's a suggestion, but I haven't tried it, so guess you'll have to be on your own in this =)  Please let me know if you tried it and what you think.)



Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly