Sunday, December 21, 2014

Eggless Eggnog (Sugar Free Option)

(This will be my last NEW recipe post for the year...I will be taking a break over the holidays and will plan to return on Friday, January 2nd, 2015 for our Weekend Potluck party!) 

May you and yours enjoy a blessed and merry CHRISTmas season and a very happy new year! I am so grateful to be a part of your world and thankful to have you in mine.  Thanks again and again for all you've done to support me this year and for sharing my recipes like you do!





OH.MY.GOODNESS!

This easy recipe says 'HAPPY HOLIDAYS' for sure....it's great for Christmas or New Years. 

I just love so many wonderful holiday recipes floating around in blog world....
And this is definitely a favorite.

I've never been fond of drinking store-purchased eggnog.  It's just too thick, so I've always added more milk.  I use to have a cooked recipe that I would chill and mix with the store-purchased product. 

But after finding this recipe at Mandy's Recipe Box , then trying it, and being impressed! there's no turning back. My family LOVED it too. 

This is wonderful cause it tastes just like eggnog...has no eggs...is no cook, and you can even make it sugar free - which is what I did for my family. 

I have some of this luscious beverage in the fridge now and I'm trying to keep it 'hidden' from hubby so we can have some this coming week! 




EGGLESS EGGNOG (No Cook)

1 sm. box (4-serv. size) instant (sugar free) vanilla pudding mix
4 c. milk
(I suggest you use 2% for fullest flavor, but 1% works too)
4 c. heavy cream
1/3 - 1/2 c. sugar
(I used xylitol)
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 -  3 tsp. rum extract

Garnish: whipped cream & nutmeg (fresh grated is best) 

In a large bowl (or blender) stir together dry pudding mix and 1 C. milk. 
When mixture beings to thicken, add remaining ingredients... 
(except garnish).
Mix well. Cover and chill for at least 2 - 3 hours. 
Garnish with whipped topping and a sprinkle of nutmeg.
Yield: 1/2 gallon.

Linked to Weekend Potluck
           Meal Plan Monday

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly