Sunday, April 26, 2015

Cheesey Loose Meat 'Sammies'

Oh you are gonna love me for sharing this one. You cook up a buncha burger....season it....let it simmer, then make a buncha sammies, or cool and chill...then use whenever you want one or two 'sammies'. 

Recipe can easily be cut in half. 

This meat is seasoned so nicely, and it freezes well. It may seem like there are a lot of seasonings to add, but it's simple to do that, and the end result will be SO worth it!

I added cheese, then warmed in the microwave.  It helps keep that loose meat together. Top with ketchup and/or mustard if desired. 

You can serve this in plain ole buns, or you can add the "WOW" factor and use Hawaiian rolls.  Did you know they now have a 'sub roll'...that's what I used here....and they're already sliced.

My hubby doesn't like BBQ but he REALLY loves this special sandwich. 
This is NOT BBQ. 

If you want to feed a crowd, you can make 12 - 24 sandwiches at once.

This is an awesome recipe from Christy at Southern Plate...I adapted her recipe just a little.  She and her mama both RAVE about these special sandwiches. 



CHEESEY LOOSE MEAT 'SAMMIES' 

3# lean ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped 
(or 1/3 c. dried minced onions)
3 c.water
2 Tb. cider vinegar
2 Tb. brown sugar
2 Tb. worcestershire sauce 
2 Tb. soy sauce
1-1/2 tsp. seasoned salt
(I used a tad less)
1/2 - 1 tsp. (fresh) ground pepper
2 tsp. garlic powder
2 beef bouillon cubes
2 chicken bouillon cubes
24 Hawaiian rolls

In a very large skillet (I used my Dutch oven) add ground beef and onion, along with the water. (Strange I know...but stick with me here..) Chop the beef really fine while bringing it to a boil over medium high heat. (Adding the water makes this easier to do). Cook, chopping and stirring, until meat is no longer pink. 

Before adding all the spices, I drained about 1/2 c. water. When all the seasonings are added, let cook, uncovered, until mixture gets thicker, about 
15 - 20 minutes. 

With slotted spoon, mound beef onto cut Hawaiian rolls. Add your favorite cheese (or not); add top bun. (I cover with a paper towel and microwave about 15 seconds to warm the bun.) Add ketchup or mustard if desired.  (My hubby loved it without either). 

Yield: 24 Hawaiian roll sandwiches, or 12 Hawaiian sub rolls. 

Leftovers freeze well - and I think would be great in spaghetti or goulash. 


Linked to Weekend Potluck
GBP Roundup - Father's Day
You might also like these sandwiches...







Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly