Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Crunchy Tuna Salad

Oopsie - I had intentions to share this during summer months. It's good any time of year, but quick and easy for summertime.  Makes a great lunch any season of the year. 

I've been making my tuna salad like this for years, but until I saw it here at 
Veronica's Cornucopia, I never even thought to share it on my blog. 

I made this for lunch the same day I saw her post and it was so tasty.
And it was just fine the next day when I finished it off. 

I am all about CRUNCH so I added celery as well as apple...and I doubled the apple amount. Make it to suit your own taste buds...and need for crunch.  

What a way to dress up a little can of tuna! This makes a great sandwich.  Quick & Easy!




CRUNCHY TUNA SALAD 

1 small (5 ozs) can tuna, drained well
1 hard boiled egg, diced
half a small apple, sliced and diced
1/4 c. chopped celery 
1 Tb. sweet pickle relish, optional
2 Tb. sweet onion, diced, optional
2 Tb. mayonnaise

Mix all ingredients in a bowl; serve on bread, or I prefer it with cheese and crackers.  Makes 2 sandwiches.


Linked to Weekend Potluck
             Meal Plan Monday


Special Pimento Cheese
(original recipe from same tuna salad gal, Veronica=) 




No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly